The Eddie Aikau/Quicksilver 2009/2010

phanzo

Reaction score
Hey dudes,
Just wanted to give a link to the Eddie Aikau which is happeneing, live, right now. Watch it live here

This is the 1st time they've had the event since 2004 due to wave heights. Waves have to hit consistently at 40+ ft in order to have the contest. Waves right now are between 25-40ft but are expected to get up to 50+ as the day moves on. It just started at 1:00 EST (10:00 pacific).

Plenty of good surfing and some gnarly waves. Come check it out!! This is only the 7th time the Eddie has happened in the 25 year history of the Quicksilver!!

EDDIE WOULD GO!!!

Very cool man. Thanks for sharing this.

I guess it's over for today. The photos were great! I'll try and catch it tomorrow. Thanks for the link. :shaka:

the whole comp is done in one day. how did uncle clyde do? i saw part of it, but got stuck in a meeting. sucks but the site doesnt have the final heat in the archives. i'm thinking it will be on espn or fueltv. would loved to have seen greg long's bombs.

the whole comp is done in one day. how did uncle clyde do? i saw part of it, but got stuck in a meeting. sucks but the site doesnt have the final heat in the archives. i'm thinking it will be on espn or fueltv. would loved to have seen greg long's bombs.

uncle clyde had a couple sick waves. pretty gnarly for a 60 year old man. That's weird that they don't have the final heat. It was awesome. Greg had a killer ride that got him a 100. Final heat was def the best of the day. Hopefully ESPN or Fuel will show it.

Fuel is supposed to show it Friday 9:30P, Saturday 10:00A + 3:00P, Sunday 10:00A + 7:00P and Monday 12:00P All time Eastern.

I am not sure about any ESPN broadcast.

Fuel is supposed to show it Friday 9:30P, Saturday 10:00A + 3:00P, Sunday 10:00A + 7:00P and Monday 12:00P All time Eastern.

I am not sure about any ESPN broadcast.

damn comcast! no fuel tv.

i love the fact how they said the height was 25 to 40'. look more like 18-20 with occasional 25' sets to me. i want to see shorebreak footy.

i love the fact how they said the height was 25 to 40'. look more like 18-20 with occasional 25' sets to me. i want to see shorebreak footy.

yea it didnt end up being NEARLY as big as they said it would be. Some sick waves but I had hoped for it to get up to 40-50'. Didn't come close.

yea it didnt end up being NEARLY as big as they said it would be. Some sick waves but I had hoped for it to get up to 40-50'. Didn't come close.

stupid scientists! :mad:

lol jk.

I was a little disappointed, but it didn't change the fact that some of the world's greatest surfers were within 20 miles away from me :D

not even.. it was like 12 -15 if that with a few occational 20's but they didnt even take the 20s most the time

Top Bottom