The custom has landed.!!!

wearymicrobe

Reaction score
Its finally here after ~4.5 months of waiting since the start of the build. Going to pick it up in about 1.5 hr's.

Kind of hard to focus on work now. Pictures to follow.

Will bring out out to the next meetup this month in SD.

Its finally here after ~4.5 months of waiting since the start of the build. Going to pick it up in about 1.5 hr's.

Kind of hard to focus on work now. Pictures to follow.

Will bring out out to the next meetup this month in SD.

I'm so jealous.

You make me wish I'd gone into the Sciences rather than the Humanities. I want to be able to afford a custom uke!

hey weary where did u get ur custom made? at MDs?

It a K5 S.Tenor from Joe at Kanile'a with a slothead and some absolutly insane black koa with sapwood, with a rossette of the same stock being turned 90 degrees on center and two large MOP rings.

The binding is tortise with a mother of pearl wide inner, and some other small touchs.

Once I have the soprano in my hands I have a complete set from joe and am going to order a moorebettah with plumeria inlays for my wife and then keep on buying from smaller modern builders.

Good lord. I haven't even seen pictures yet and I'm drooling.

It will go well with the Hano Hano which showed up yesterday. Mine has a pin bridge but this is kind of what it looks like.

Hano_hano_big.jpg

It a K5 S.Tenor from Joe at Kanile'a with a slothead and some absolutly insane black koa with sapwood, with a rossette of the same stock being turned 90 degrees on center and two large MOP rings.

The binding is tortise with a mother of pearl wide inner, and some other small touchs.

Once I have the soprano in my hands I have a complete set from joe and am going to order a moorebettah with plumeria inlays for my wife and then keep on buying from smaller modern builders.

You will have to bring it to the jam for us to drool over... Thanks for bringing the others last time too!

Congrats on the new arrival, Weary! :D Play, play, and then play some more! :D

We want pictures and videos! :D

We want pictures and videos! :D

Just got home have to eat or will pass out, taking pictures. Its drop dead gorgeous. I gave Joe a lot of freedom and paid through the nose for the wood to be above and beyond super premium.

I am actually afraid to touch it, let alone play it. I have been holding it with gloves on.

Once the strings settle in I will give it a good thrashing.

Alright from left to right, these are just the good ones I have some other less interesting ones.

K4/5 Custom Slothead S.Tenor Kanile'a

Keith Ogata Extend lenght tenor. Front Port.

Kanile'a K2 Tenor with Tweaks.

Ko'olau T1 from the NAMM show

Kanile'a Hano Hano with French Polish ~K4/5 without back MOP.

Soon Ko'olau 400 with Slothead in Tenor.

FrontShot.jpg

FullRow.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous, Weary, just gorgeous! Uke p*** at its best!

Out of curiosity, once you've had some time to play it, I'd be interested to hear how you feel the K4/5 super tenor compares tone-wise to your K2 Kanile'a tenor. ;)

Again, congratulations on your new arrival! :)

Gah. I feel funny down there.

Top Bottom