I have it bad...

bbycrts

Reaction score
Following a class at our corporate office, as I was riding the elevator down to exit the building, I looked at the walls of the elevator. Hmmm...nice ribbon-grained mahogany. I bet that would build a nice ukulele!

Anybody else look at things in their environment and wonder what they would look like as a uke?

My husband showed me a picture of him at work today with a giant chocolate bar. I realized it was big enough to make a confectionary concert uke.

theres a giant vintage dresser like thing at my parents house that looks like it is a mix of koa and mahogany and its like 80 years old and in pristine condition

Anybody else look at things in their environment and wonder what they would look like as a uke?
One of my cats has the most beautiful stripes.......

pahahahahaha dont do it sally !

At a jam at a local guy's house, we were eyeing his kitchen drawers, tempted to steal one to make a slat backed electric uke

Yeah...the other day, I thought to myself...I wonder how big of an Ukulele you could make out of a giant sequoia...haha.:p...too bad that species of tree is threatened...:(

I was buying gift tins at the craft store today and started going, "HMMMmmmmmmm.....":rolleyes:

haha, I was doing exactly that with a wardrobe in my friend's house earlier today! The two doors are nicely bookmatched. Also, my Dad has a t-shirt with a similar pattern to the Mainland binding. I called him a Mainland, but he just looked confused.

One of my cats has the most beautiful stripes.......

The Japanese used cat belly skin for their Shamisen, you could see the kitty nipples in the hide. :eek: You can see two pairs in the picture below. Popoki.
shamisen.jpg

I'm planning on reskinning my old banjolele with the belly skin of the next large shark I catch (not Tiger Shark, respect 'aumakua of others). ;)

all the time. I look at different pieces of furniture and see if i could turn it into a good uke. :p Currently I want to take an old church pew from my church and turn it into a uke, since i am moving and won't be going to that church any longer. :( or at least make the neck out of church pew wood. yeah that sounds good. /self brainstorming.

:p

Top Bottom