Where is the justice

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
I just spent the last 15 weeks working an extra 20 hours a week so as not to take a pay cut. I'm done with the extra work so I am sitting here with a nice cold drink feeling like I have a life again. Don't you all think Santa should bring me something special for Christmas? I was hoping he would bring me a concert uke with an undersaddle pickup.

Obviously Santa ain't gona spend a ton of money on a dude in my financial state, so I wanted to get some advice from you all. I plan on using the uke exclusively when we perform when I need to be amped with a pickup (vs mic'ed) I have some stick on pickups so I don't want to go that route. I like playing old harmony ukes so I don't want to bore a hole in them. I want Santa to bring me a nice undersaddle uke already set up. I've checked all the regular places so I was wondering what brand models you all might have experience with you could recommend.

I was hoping one of you wise old/young sages of ukedom could point Santa in the right direction.

If Santa is on a budget, a Mainland with an Mi-Si under the saddle would be a nice stocking stuffer. Mine is well balanced and sounds awesome thru an amp or PA.:nana:

There are a few samples of a Mainland unplugged and in the studio on my YT link below, but there's also a ton of other people's demos & reviews on YT as well.

Last edited:
Kala Spruce top cutaway with pick up has had good reviews. However, I would go with the Mainland and MiSi too.

Top Bottom