Clip on tuner battery life

strum4ever

Reaction score
I bought an F Zone clip on tuner about 2 months ago and over the last week it has gotten dim to the point where I can barely see the meter. What's the average lifespan for the battery? It's hard to believe its time to replace it so soon.

Whne I got my first TT tuner it died after a few weeks...no telling how long they sit on the shelf....
The new battery has lasted a year and still going.

That's about right. The included batteries are usually only there to get you started. A fresh battery will last much longer.

Also the factory batteries are generally the cheapest available. A Duracell should give you years of use.

I bought an F Zone clip on tuner about 2 months ago and over the last week it has gotten dim to the point where I can barely see the meter. What's the average lifespan for the battery? It's hard to believe its time to replace it so soon.

...Do you leave it on or something? =| The stock battery that my tuner came with when I bought it lasted me a good year. I used it every other day or so. Sometimes longer.

I've had my Kala KC02 since August and use it at least every other day and it's going strong. But as Ronnie Aloha said the batteries supplied with most are not the best available. All batteries will self discharge over time and as Freedive135 pointed out there's no telling how long it sat on the shelf. A new name brand battery should give you much better service.

Thanks for the information guys! I always keep it turned off when I'm not using it. I'll replace the battery and report back.

Hopefully on Christmas day I'll have a new ukulele to tune. :D

the one I have said it wouldn't go out for years. I bought it a while ago, and it's still going strong :]

the one I have said it wouldn't go out for years. I bought it a while ago, and it's still going strong :]

Same here. I have two Cherub clip-on tuners which I use every day for years by now. I never had to change battery.

I had one of those F-zone tuners until i lost it recently. I had it for almost two years, the factory battery lasted me around 6 months before it got dim. I added a duracell 2032 lithium battery and the tuner light was brighter then I ever seen it and lasted till now.

Top Bottom