I would do ANYTHING for a melodica!

JKoval

Reaction score
Haha, I'm re-falling in love with how well they blend with our glorious ukes! Check out the big names like GUGUG and Julia Nunes. They utilize them well! Just had to express my joy!

My son was in the childrens hospital for a couple of weeks and missed his key board so we got him a melodica. We kept the other patients up at night with our uke melodica duets. Nurses loved it. We can now do a real good Sloop John B. They do sound very good together.

Really. Anything?

I have one at the store I work at, if you go to ClickMusic.Biz and contact someone there, we could have it shipped to you. It's the same soprano sized melodica like julia nunes and we'll sell it for less than the listed price.

What dat? :confused:

they sell them at urban outfitters in nyc

They aren't hard to play. It's like playing a keyboard one handed. On some units the underside of the unit has a strap you fit over one hand (usually the left). You can purchase extension air tubes so you can hold the unit lower and more in front of you and play it like a small Casio.

Check out "Kenny and the Captains" on Youtube and this description will make more sense.

Like many instruments the price you pay can have some impact upon how well the instrument responds.

Some of the less expensive Hohner models have a reputation of being louder and/or taking more air. Some are considered great buys. Some are considered professional grade.

There are a number of reviews of the different models on the web.

I have a student 32 Horner (very inexpensive). I was suprised by how little air it took (through the tube played like a keyboard) Higher keys take a little more air to get the same volume but not too bad.

I just bought one too :D it came in the mail about 2 days ago and I toyed around with it a bit. It's fun and easy to play, and today i'm using it as part of my bushman entry... which i better hurry up and get started on :rolleyes:

oh, and I got the red alto hohner one. i like it a lot!

Top Bottom