mele double neck ukulele

I saw it on ebay for $1699 BIN.

It's pretty cool but pretty spendy too. I wonder if it's made overseas or in Maui.

I've I had one I don't know how much I would play it, I would probably just run around the house pretending I was Jimmy Page.
It looks nice, almost perverse, but the drawback is indeed that you have a lot of expectations to live up to if you tread in the footlights with this baby... Nice combination of mellow top and punchier bottom 8-string.

I wonder what the bag looks like...:cool:

That thing is hideous. I don't think I would ever want anything like that. One of the main reasons I chose to play a ukulele was due to its size. That thing looks huge. :(

its a siamese twin uke

Is there even a big difference in the sound the bottom one makes? Maybe I'm just very bad at listening but I listened a few times and there doesn't seem to be a very large different in the sound at all.

Is there even a big difference in the sound the bottom one makes? Maybe I'm just very bad at listening but I listened a few times and there doesn't seem to be a very large different in the sound at all.

Yes, there's a large difference. The bottom half is 8 stringed. Don't you hear it?

That's a nice song. Anyone know the original artist?

Well no I do hear it, but it doesn't seem to be very significant. It just sounds a little bit brighter.

John Kitakis made a pono just like this one last year. They havent made another...heres why. Hold the lower uke in your normal playing position and if you like having another uke up in your face this is the uke for you LOL By the way all Meles are not made in Hawaii

That's a nice song. Anyone know the original artist?

The song is "Magic IN the Moonlight" but it was also sang and listed as "Magic IS the Moonlight". I found several covers of the song on imeem.

its sounds very nice.. but i could never own one.. a side from the price..

not enough patience for the bottom ukulele with the 6 strings and learning how to play it. Stressing me out enough to play one ukulele at the moment little own 2 ukulele type thing.

im sure there are ukuleles that are the same but the bottom uke has 4 strings as well.

but it does sound very nice

its sounds very nice.. but i could never own one.. a side from the price..

not enough patience for the bottom ukulele with the 6 strings and learning how to play it. Stressing me out enough to play one ukulele at the moment little own 2 ukulele type thing.

im sure there are ukuleles that are the same but the bottom uke has 4 strings as well.

but it does sound very nice

sorry to correct you but it has 8 strings, which means that the usual 4 strings are doubled.
I played once on a 8 string ukulele, the sound is quite nice, although it was a baton rouge ukulele, not the best brand, but I wasn't good enough to pick on it :mad:, and i hated the nylon strings on it, so wasn't the best experience of my life.

The song is "Magic IN the Moonlight" but it was also sang and listed as "Magic IS the Moonlight". I found several covers of the song on imeem.

Aha. Thanks, Deach.

Top Bottom