Greetings from the Frozen Wastelands of Wiscosin!

UkeRupp

Reaction score
Alex here! I am 18 and have been play the ukulele off and on for about two years; the past two months it has been non-stop. After my house was hit by a tornado, I realized that I had absolutely nothing to keep my mind busy and off of certain events, so I decided I wanted to take up an instrument. A few years before I played the guitar, but EVERYONE played it... I wanted something new and exciting...so, naturally I took up the ukulele. From Amazon I ordered a OS OU-2... definitely the beginner's beginner's uke. But to keep a long story short I have loved every second spent with it and will continue to. At least until I get my Kala Mahogany KA-TE for Christmas!!! :)
Thanks for having me,
Happy Holidays,
Alex

Hi Alex, I can vouch for the fact that playing the ukulele is very effective against tornados. I've been playing for about fifteen years, and in all that time I haven't seen one.

I never saw one before, either, but I'm gonna keep playing - you can't be too careful!

I wish Santa was bringing me a new uke for Xmas, but I haven't been a good boy.

Welcome to UU, and enjoy that new Kala!

John Colter.

I wanted something new and exciting...so, naturally I took up the ukulele.
Alex

Aloha Alex, e komo mai. I like the way you think. Best wishes on your tornado recovery efforts. :shaka:

Haha! I am going to see about making an image of that... Uke fighting off a tornado.

When I find the time that will be the first thing I do! Right now I am working on gathering a plethora of Christmas song to play over the holidays... any good suggestions?

Hi Alex, I can vouch for the fact that playing the ukulele is very effective against tornadoes. I've been playing for about fifteen years, and in all that time I haven't seen one.

You know, I started playing the uke this year and we did not get hit with a hurricane. Maybe there is something to this, like our strumming changes the air around us and it makes for fairer weather. Hey, if everyone on the planet played the ukulele we could end global warming. I bet Al Gore would be a hold out. :p

But welcome none the less and have a Merry Christmas!

Welcome Cheese Heads!!

Wow,

Two new members and they are both Cheeseheads!! I can say that in a positive way, not insulting because I too am a Cheesehead. Born and raised in Marquette county. Moved away when I was in my twenties, and now live in Indiana, but still get back a few times a year and still consider myself a displaced Cheesehead.

Go Pack!!

Oh, and welcome to the UU.

Top Bottom