Uke for Brit

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
So after snapping the guitar string from the guitar I got for Brit, Andy and others convinced me to go the obvious rout and get Brit a Uke for christmas.

My price range is about 70 bucks. I'm looking at the Makala Dolphins. Although I'm not sure if she'd rather a bigger size.. I tried to indiscreetly get an idea from her by telling her ppl were asking me what size she liked.. All I could get out of her was "THe ones that are easiest to hold" I know she likes me Bushman Concert.. But I'm not sure if I want to get her something that looks Pink and girly and she'd want or a instrument that sounds pretty darn good for its price, and a bigger size.

I talked to MGM and he recommended Makala mk-c or nk-t

Whatcha thing guys?

From every sound sample I've heard, the makala dolphins are nothing to sneeze at either, but it really is a shame there are no concert dolphins. I started on soprano and moved up to concerts and tenors for a bit more volume and fullness. From what I've heard of you guys, Brit has a stronger voice that might drown out a soprano. Just my :2cents:

Any Makala from MGM would be fine.

I've got a Makala tenor (MK-T) and my grandkids both have the Dolphin sopranos, and we just love them. They play well and sound very good especially considering the price. We got them all from MGM and you can't go wrong dealing with him.

Top Bottom