Machine heads

luvzmocha

Reaction score
My current project is a 6 string tenor. I want to octave the G and C strings with single E and A strings. I need 4 tuners for one side of the headstock and 2 on the opposite, something similar to the photo. Does anyone have a source that sells single tuners or am I resigned to buying two sets?

A friendly hookup would be nice also!

Attachments

• LUKE-BKSP_headstock-back.jpg
    LUKE-BKSP_headstock-back.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 20
I bought tuners for a 6 string tenor from Hana Lima Ia 's site. It's an upgrade to the 4 tuner sets.

Alan

Buy three sets, and make two of 'em.

Ukantor.

Brrrrrr, its cold up there. There is also a Miller down by Martinsville in Morgan County, so I wasn't sure which one. I've had a couple people email me about tuners. If anyone wants to get into a group purchase let me know.

Andrew

The inexpensive Grover tuners that StewMac (and others) sell are reversible. Just take out the gear screw, remove the gear and post, flip the worm gear/knob shaft around, and put it all back together.

Thanks Dave

Now that I have them in hand, I see what you meant! Easy solution to my dilemma.

The inexpensive Grover tuners that StewMac (and others) sell are reversible. Just take out the gear screw, remove the gear and post, flip the worm gear/knob shaft around, and put it all back together.

Little off topic here, but what size hole does one need to drill for the bushings that comes with those grovers? I received a couple sets of them today, and drilled some test holes in pine to figure it out. The closest one I've got is 3/8", and that's a hair too big--they aren't snug. Of course, I'm using a hand held drill, so there may be just enough slop to keep them from being snug, and then I also wonder whether I should be using something other than a regular bit--perhaps one of those stepped bits I've seen used in some of the vids on youtube. They seem to drill very clean holes.

Top Bottom