Mountain Music for Everyone (Abbott Family)

GreyPoupon

Reaction score
Anybody here familiar with the toneway project / jam sessions of the Abbott family? They work on making folk music very accessible and easy to learn.

I was curious if anyone had experience adapting their collection of mountain music to ukulele.

See the link below:

http://toneway.com/

Kinda funny...
last night while diggin' thru the old music at my local used book store I found a couple of books with Uke Chords that have a bunch of the songs listed on that site.

I also have a couple other old Bluegrass books I have picked up along the way that are for Guitar or Banjo but I still use the chords to play the songs on the Uke...

Like...Rocky Top, Wabash Canonball, Crawdad Song, Hard Times Come Again No More, Midnight Special, House of the Rising Sun and a lot of others.
A lot of these songs would have been played on a Uke too, I know Woody Guthrie played a Uke!!!

Depression era music my Grandpa would listen to when I was a kid that has stuck with me....

Last edited:
Wow!! Thanx for this fantastic link! I love this kind of music and am glad to have this resource. Thanx again!

Top Bottom