PDA

View Full Version : I hate FedEx

Nuprin
12-10-2009, 06:54 AM
The Kamaka tenor I got from D-Mace is supposed to arrive today (according to FedEx's estimated delivery). I had it shipped it to my work and just found out that FedEx has already come for the day with no uke. :( Checking the tracking on their site it left CT last night and no updates since. I'M DYING HERE!!!!!!

ricksan66
12-10-2009, 06:58 AM
Weather delays? Hang in there.

d-mace
12-10-2009, 07:14 AM
sorry Chris :(

molokinirum
12-10-2009, 07:20 AM
Take deep breaths!!!! ;) Soon it will be new uke day!! :smileybounce:

leftovermagic84
12-10-2009, 07:26 AM
I'm in the same boat with them and Amazon. yarg...

brickerenator
12-10-2009, 07:33 AM
play one of your other ukes...

Captain_Lovehandles
12-10-2009, 07:34 AM
It could be worse... USPS.

leftovermagic84
12-10-2009, 08:10 AM

I've actually had better luck with usps than with fedex

Nuprin
12-10-2009, 08:36 AM
I've actually had better luck with usps than with fedex

Same here. It seems that UPS is really good about delivering on the expected delivery date (I don't think I've ever had them deliver something late). With FedEx, they often seem to miss their delivery date by a day or two.

brickerenator
12-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Same here. It seems that UPS is really good about delivering on the expected delivery date (I don't think I've ever had them deliver something late). With FedEx, they often seem to miss their delivery date by a day or two.

I've found that it is more dependent on the local delivery center than the chain itself.

Fedex here is great. But at my company's location 20 miles away (different fedex center) horrible. Over there, UPS is great, here, not so much.
DHL is terrible. But one of my friend's uses it for his home business in New York, never had an issue.

Nuprin
12-10-2009, 08:52 AM
I've found that it is more dependent on the local delivery center than the chain itself.

Fedex here is great. But at my company's location 20 miles away (different fedex center) horrible. Over there, UPS is great, here, not so much.
DHL is terrible. But one of my friend's uses it for his home business in New York, never had an issue.

Hmmm...now that I think about it, I never had problems with FedEx when I lived in Boston, NH, or IN...only here in VT.

Ronnie Aloha
12-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Never had a problem with FedEx. Then again, I live about two miles for Los Angeles International Airport and five miles from the main FedEx shipping center for L.A.

wickedwahine11
12-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Hang in there....I know it is hard. I have been known to obsessively run to the window every time I hear a truck going down my street when I am expecting a delivery. I also have been known to repeatedly check to see if my mail has been delivered.

That being said, a Kamaka is always worth the wait. ;)

leftovermagic84
12-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Hang in there....I know it is hard. I have been known to obsessively run to the window every time I hear a truck going down my street when I am expecting a delivery.

glad to know I'm not alone. My wife says i'm like a guard dog when I'm expecting a uke.

Uke Republic
12-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Prepare to dislike them more as I understand about a 5% increase in shipping price for 2010.

Ronnie Aloha
12-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Prepare to dislike them more as I understand about a 5% increase in shipping price for 2010.

Better buy now!

nkorb21
12-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Wow. I didn't know everyone was like when they ordered a uke. LOL:D When I ordered my firsy uke online, I checked the FedEX tracking online everyday, and watched the window constantly on the day it was supposed to arrive. Yea I know...:o

ChamorroDT
12-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Hmm...maybe I'm just lucky because I've never had a problem with UPS, USPS, or FedEx. :)

Don't worry, your Uke will be there soon enough!

Ahnko Honu
12-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Locally FedEx is MUCH better than UPS as far as rep is concerned UPS being notorious for leaving packages on the front porch when no one home, leaving at neighbors house when no one home, and delivering to the wrong address.
I always use USPS Priority Mail whenever possible though.

Pippin
12-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Hang in there....I know it is hard. I have been known to obsessively run to the window every time I hear a truck going down my street when I am expecting a delivery. I also have been known to repeatedly check to see if my mail has been delivered.

That being said, a Kamaka is always worth the wait. ;)

I can relate to that. I finally resorted to camping on the couch and playing ukulele while waiting for UPS to knock on the door. From the couch I can see the street clearly.

mailman
12-10-2009, 02:39 PM

Excuse me?

Nuprin
12-10-2009, 03:44 PM
I took a half day from work today...actually, I was feeling a bit under the weather so I was thinking of just calling in sick. The main reason I went in was to get my uke once it was delivered.

So, after FedEx failed to deliver, I left for the day. I just checked my work email and, at about 4:15, FedEx came back with my Kamaka!!! The warehouse manager signed for it and sent me an email to let me know it was here.

Unfortunately no one is at work anymore and I wouldn't be able to get in. At least I'll have a great package to open first thing tomorrow morning!

MGM
12-10-2009, 04:26 PM
one must remember all shipping companies try to do their best but things happen.. Plane shipments get held up by storms. air traffic delays, among other things and at the holiday time during peak volume things obviously get worse....all shipping carrier times and performance suffers at Christmas time No exceptions

Nuprin
12-10-2009, 05:44 PM
one must remember all shipping companies try to do their best but things happen.. Plane shipments get held up by storms. air traffic delays, among other things and at the holiday time during peak volume things obviously get worse....all shipping carrier times and performance suffers at Christmas time No exceptions

Yeah I know. It's just tough when you're waiting for a great uke. The wait while it was in transit was tough enough and then to have it delayed (at least I thought it was at the time I started this thread) just added to it all.

brickerenator
12-10-2009, 05:46 PM
In Soviet Russia, FedEx hates you

haolejohn
12-10-2009, 06:23 PM

Not the pony express:)

clayton56
12-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Fedex lost two of my packages for NINE MONTHS! But, eventually they did show up, contents damaged.

Good thing they weren't ukes (though they were priceless in their own way)

Out here the UPS drivers have no intention of delivering unless you happen to be leaving the lobby of the apartment building when they are coming up to buzz. They don't leave notices or try to get in the building, they just leave. To make it worse, there's a new policy that after 3 attempts the item goes straight back to the shipper, no more 5 day pickup period.

They are worse than useless. However, for places that only ship UPS, I added the UPS center's address to my list of Paypal addresses. So my official shipping address is the UPS center, and I can go there and pick up without giving the drivers the chance to put their feet up on my package while having a latte.

I've never had any problems at all with the Post Office.

bazmaz
12-10-2009, 11:52 PM
I too dislike Fed Ex. Ordered a Zoom H2 recorder on next working day delivery. Was shipped on Monday, and all day Tuesday, the tracking page showed it was "out for delivery".

At 6pm, no show - phoned depot. Told that driver was busy, had taken package back to the depot and gone home.

When I pointed out it was on next day delivery, was rather rudely told "ah well, there you go"...

Nice

fivetide
12-11-2009, 01:01 AM
I'm still waiting on a uke that I bought on 19th November and was shipped the next day.

Everyday the mail comes with more bills and no uke -- it's really is enough to make you go postal yourself.

For the record, I blame America. Just, well, you know, generally.

I also think Hawaii and Alaska should secede so they don't have to suffer the USPS :)

Lori
12-11-2009, 07:59 AM
I guess in many cases, it comes down to the local employees for each service. We used to have absolutely no problems with the USPS, until our carrier retired. We then started having all kinds of problems with delivery for a couple of months, with Christmas catalogs still showing up in March.

The UPS guy will climb the stairs to our third floor apartment and cheerfully deliver our packages. FedEx has been pretty good too. So, in many cases, you have to evaluate your local service for each one for your area. As far as sending goes, no telling what the other end will be like unless you ask the receiver ahead of time.

–Lori

CoLmes
12-11-2009, 08:37 AM
Let's see some pics of your Kamaka!

phanzo
12-11-2009, 10:22 AM

See, I'm the opposite. FedEx has always been awesome for me. UPS never updates their tracking info and dont show up until 7:00 or so. I bought a uke from D-Mace before. FedEx came with it on the delivery date at 8:30am. Perfect!! Don't worry, it will come. Maybe theyre taking extra time to handle your Kamaka with care :D

Nuprin
12-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Let's see some pics of your Kamaka!

Got to open my Kamaka when I got to work today but only got to play for a few minutes before I had to put it away. Just finished playing for a bit...recorded a video which is currently uploading. LOVE IT.

EDIT: Video uploaded. Thread link here. (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23003)