DFTBA contest.

great contest mike ! and great great prize !

The prize notwithstanding ( :drool: )....this contest is a great idea to get people involved in microlending to entrepreneurs from all over the world.
Awesome idea and a great incentive to join Kiva - I'm on my way over right now, thanks!

Last edited:
I remember hearing about this before. If I remember correctly, you actually get your loan back PLUS interest. The interest is like 1 cent, but if you do it a billion times, you get $10 million. Great contest idea!

This is too cool

I had no idea this organization existed. We quit giving gifts at Christmas to cousins, in-laws etc. We now all go in together for a community gift like Heifer.org etc. I'm going to point them in this direction.

Signed up a moment ago. Great idea Mike!

(From the YouTube video page: "Make a loan on Kiva and let me know about it. I will enter your name to win the Mainland Cedar/Rosewood Soprano Ukulele. Each $25 loan will be considered a seperate entry.")

Hi Mike,

This is very generous of you! I've signed up and made a bunch of loans. Do you need for us to tell you how many loans we each made, or can you determine that for yourself from the Kiva ukulele group webpage? Thanks!

Hi Mike,

This is very generous of you! I've signed up and made a bunch of loans. Do you need for us to tell you how many loans we each made, or can you determine that for yourself from the Kiva ukulele group webpage? Thanks!

I can't tell from the Kiva site. everyone should let me know if they loaned more tahn once. I plan to double check before the drawing

I can't tell from the Kiva site. everyone should let me know if they loaned more tahn once. I plan to double check before the drawing

Hm, I'd forgotten about that "each $25 is a separate entry" thing. What if you do a single $50 loan?

Mike, Just saw this on Youtube, great idea. Just joined the group and made a loan. I have been giving Kiva gift certificates as gifts for several years since I met the Kiva founder at a conference in 2007. My friends and family have got a lot of great feedback from the loans they have made and say it is one of the best gifts they ever received. Seems that everyone in our society has most of the "stuff" they really want or need so this is a great alternative to things that will just get thrown in a closet and never used. Of course we can all use another Ukulele :)

Looks like some more opportunities came up.

I am guessing that they locked it up for a short time for tax purposes to get their 2009 records finished.

Current stats for UU

Number of Team Members 58
Number of Loans 70
Number of Loans per Member 1.21
Total Amount Loaned $1,825.00

Last edited:
Ack, I thought this was longer than the 1st! Hope I'm not too late, I'm off to make my loan. :)

Top Bottom