K&K Big Shot pickup. What do people thinkof it?

SamJ1206

Reaction score
thinking of getting one. is it worth it? ive never had any experience with anything like this so i really havent a clue what im talking about. im preforming in june, and need a way to amplify mu fluke. i purchased y fluke from flea market music, so thats how i found that one, but yer i really dont have a clue about anythin to do with things like this, am i makeing a mistake inbuying it?

Last edited:
There was a thread that I made similar to this. I had the same problem. I think it'd be better to invest on a dean markley external pickup for 32 on MusiciansFriend. Or you can have one built like Guting did for under $5.

It was the first internal and second pickup ive ever used, its decent. paid somewhere around $30.

Then I made my own for less than $10 for a performance this past monday and was just as satisfied.

So if you wanna pay more for a more professional product its an okay buy.

The part you need to worry about is the installation, im a DIY kinda guy so I went right in and got great results, that may not be the same for you.

For simplicity you could do an external (stick on) pickup, that was the first kind ive used a shadow brand that sticks on with putty, does its job.

I actually picked up one so I could be heard over the guitars and piano when I'd play with my neighbors. It worked really well I thought, easy to take on and off and they give you extra pieces of double sided tape if you ever want to move it to a different uke. Part of me wonders though that it may actually dampen the sound board vibrations when it is not hooked up to an amp. I am not familiar at all with other options, so can't tell ya if this is better or not.

Top Bottom