Can I?

KoloheBoy

UU Intern
Reaction score
Put a Ovation/applause pickup and the volume/low/mid/high control in a regular style tenor ukulele? ex: kanilea tenor
or is the setup too big for it and not worth it? I love the way you can change the sound of the applauses when they're plugged in, but terrible acoustics. I want an ukulele of both worlds.

I don't think it would fit that well, and might ruin the look of the instrument. If you're going to spend the money on an expensive uke like that, and especially since you play shows and stuff, you might as well just spend the extra on a LR Baggs from the Kanilea Factory. They're something like $220 installed. Yes, it's pretty expensive, but justified since you do perform. Plus it's less invasive than having to make a big hole in the side of your uke for the controls.

I've got a Fishman Matrix Infinity, and it has some (very limited) onboard equalization hidden in the sounhole, just volume and tone, and a switch for flat/shape (or something like that). I wouldn't know because I just don't really use the onboard equalization. I just use a volume pedal, and set the high/mid/low on the amp. But overall, the uke looks very clean and can still be amplified.

I want an ukulele of both worlds.

Which you already know the Applause is not. Have Joe install the LR Baggs Element Active, and plug it direct into the PA. You can use the mixing board channel to shape your sound, which should be fine, especially if you play with the same guys. If not, you can always get a Para Acoustic DI and go from there. Yes, money, but in the big scheme, its less than $500 altogether.

You could always get rid of the Applause to fund the pickup, and it would definitely be worth it.

-Aaron

yeah that sounds good thanks for the help.

I'm also currently running my applause through a boss me-20 pedal as well for things like delay and reverb and added eq settings which do come in handy...

Top Bottom