Konabob's Walkingbass

NotoriousMOK

Reaction score
Anybody on here have or played one of these?? I'm hoping to get my hands on one when the uke fest comes to town late this year. Rumor has it they are wicked simple to learn and I really like the portability for campfire stuff, drum circles, uke jams etc.

I'd also be interested in what sort or battery-powered amp works well with these. Mfg site refers to the Pignose Hog30 as a good choice, and I was also looking at the CubeStreet from Roland. The Roland thing has 2 channels, which could really be handy.

Thoughts/experience on any of this??

Last edited:
It looks like it could break at any moment! But it's a good idea, and more compact than most electric upright basses. In terms of amps, I don't really think that the cubestreet could work with a bass (you have to be careful using guitar amps with basses - sometimes they blow a fuse with can set the whole thing on fire). Also, I tried busking once with a 2.5 watt amp, and it simply didn't make enough noise, and so you could only hear it if you were walking right next to it. If you're willing to invest in it, a normal amp with an external generator would probably work better.

I just played one yesterday there real nice and you need like very little pressure on the strings its prety cool

This looks like an interesting instrument ,

Easier to pick up than a conventional bass. Like the Ukulele vs Guitar.

Anyone else having trouble getting to the order form... I'm curious what the price is.

feel free to buy me one.
i'll send you the shipping address.

:)

damn, i want one!

I've played one and they are really nice. A friend of mine purchased one at the Southern CA Ukulele Festival (SCUF) a few years ago.

Not sure about the durability. I've never seen post one about anyone having any issue in that regard and Konabob has sold a bunch of these units.

Come to SCUF this October and you can hear konabob do a live demo as he will be performing with me during my set. I forget the brand of amp that he uses when he isn't plugging directly into the PA. If I recall correctly he recommends an amp on his website.

Thanks Dom, my plan was to have a look at this at the UkeFest in October and likely pick one up. I'm glad to know that he WILL be there -- have fun! (BTW: See ya there!)

For bass you want

Roland Microcube Bass RX

5 watts stereo
runs on batteries or plugs in
built in tuner and metronome rhythms

very cool and portable

$229.

Musicians Friend or Guitar Center

whoa thanks for mentioning the price ... I expected something less :)

No mass-production of course.

Is it actually possible to use Home Cinema subwoofers with most electric bass instruments ? I have a nice little Klipsch subwoofer , very musical.
A less expensive possibility would be a krappy bass (krappyguitars.com)

Thanks Dom, my plan was to have a look at this at the UkeFest in October and likely pick one up. I'm glad to know that he WILL be there -- have fun! (BTW: See ya there!)

That's great. Make sure you come up and introduce yourself. Many times after one of these events someone will say "I didn't want to interupt you because it looked like you were busy". Hogwash! Just bust right in and say hello ;).

Top Bottom