Ukulele neck?

lemming85

Reaction score
Hi guys, complete newbie here! I was just wondering if it's possible to buy ukulele necks-- just the necks, not the entire kit-- at fairly cheap prices? I really want to try my hand at making cookie tin ukuleles, but can't see myself actually making the neck myself! Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

I couldn't make one like that at that price, and make a profit :eek:..But I see it's out of stock.

They're not as high a quality as what was posted before, but I did a simple Google search and found "toy" Ukes for about $20. A few minutes with a steamer and knife blade and the body self destructed, leaving me a fully finished and fretted neck to play with.

I wanted to do the same thing, only with a cigar box. I smashed a $25 uke. It was fun to smash it and I got 4 tuners and a neck out of it.

Our very first ukulele was made from a kit with a mahogany laminate body. The sound and volume were good but I just couldn't get the intonation right, no matter how I measured it out and filed it and fixed it.

At some point we gave up and ended up pulling the neck+fretboard back off and using them for a cigar box uke. But I always say "never waste wood" so we played around with ideas for the body and ended up making a kalimba out of it. Whoa, that baby has some sound to it, great range, harmonics, projection... really amazing!

Like I say, never waste wood - have fun with it, enjoy it, appreciate it...

Top Bottom