Where did all the ponos go?

Ian_001

Reaction score
Hello all, and happy holidays,

Recently I have been in the market for a new soprano and was interested in Pono's ukuleles. However pono ukuleles seem scarce. As of now there are only two Ponos on musicguymics webstore, and a few scattered around in other online shops. Only a few months ago I seem to remember seeing many more Pono ukuleles for sale online. Was I imagining things? or are Ponos becoming scarce for some reason(I hope their business isn't doing poorly)?

Just wondering,

Ian

Pono has improved and redesigned their ukuleles and changed factory thus is in the process of building all the new models The new ones are loud and resonant and will release after Namm this year. A few will show up early in a week or two but only a few limited pre release I have played all the newly redone ones and they are a marked improvemnt in sound over the older ones

I posted a thread about the new and improved ponos about 6 weeks ago. I however was posting on word of mouth. Mike actually got to play one of them. I'm a little jealous.

OP ukerepublic has a nice spruce top pono soprano that is pretty sweet sounding.

I posted a thread about the new and improved ponos about 6 weeks ago. I however was posting on word of mouth. Mike actually got to play one of them. I'm a little jealous.

OP ukerepublic has a nice spruce top pono soprano that is pretty sweet sounding.

I am in love with that little spruce top pono! If I weren't saving up for the uke of my dreams it would be MINE!

Pono has improved and redesigned their ukuleles and changed factory thus is in the process of building all the new models The new ones are loud and resonant and will release after Namm this year. A few will show up early in a week or two but only a few limited pre release I have played all the newly redone ones and they are a marked improvemnt in sound over the older ones
Mike, how much of an improvement would you estimate them to be?

this happened last year, too, in the spring there were no Ponos to be had.

I have a concert mahogany I was thinking of selling, and was waiting for the lull so it would sell for more. In the meantime, I decided to keep it! Hah!

MGM I'm glad for the description of the new sopranos, I might get one of the new ones if they're different from the one I have now. I have a short scale (12 3/4") soprano, it's very sweet, but a louder one might be nice, too.

Thanks for the info guys, im happy to hear pono is just transitioning and I cant wait to see there new ukes. :D

Ian

Aw man. This sucks. THey're gonna be expensive as hell too probably? That was one of the nice things about Pono, I could afford one. O'well.

Aw man. This sucks. THey're gonna be expensive as hell too probably? That was one of the nice things about Pono, I could afford one. O'well.

I'd be pretty surprised if they got much more expensive than they are. Much more and they are in direct competition with non-import ukes. How many would they sell if a domestic could be had for only a small amount more?

The new Ponos will be in a similar price range as the previous ones.

PM me if you are after a new mango soprano or mango soprano pineapple.

I saw a picture of one on the Ko'olau site, and it appeared to have friction tuners. Is this how they are coming?

By the way, they are going to have a deluxe mahogany series with ebony fingerboard, this speaks to me because it's hard to find this combination and it's expensive if it's not in a Pono.

Top Bottom