Uke Is Too Good

Tsani

Reaction score
OK, what should I do?

I guess I have my dream uke already. I am in love with my Favilla.

I am not good enough to play this uke. The sound is warm, strong, sweet... like honey. It just sings.

I have only had it for a few weeks. I got soooo lucky. Picked it up in an antique shop for $24 bucks. A friend of mine saw a uke just like mine in a local music store and they were asking just shy of $700 dollars for it. I have seen a uke almost identical to mine on ebay for about $600.

I keep wondering if I should sell it.

I could get two or three good quality instruments for what this one is worth. But if I do, I will never have the opportunity to own or play another instrument of this quality.

I am not a great uke player - yet. I have never had any formal lessons. I just learn chords and play. I have learned to pick a little, but I am just a beginner. I do not deserve this instrument. But I have it.

I cannot give her up. It is like like having a very high-class girlfriend and you feel like a jerk because you cannot give her everything she deserves.

I am keeping my Favilla. I hope I can learn enough to do justice to its gorgeous sound. I'm a poor beginner but this instrument make me sound like Andres Segovia.

I will post my uke p*** soon, but the looks of the instrument are not to be compared with the sound. She is pretty in her way - not flashy - just warm dark mahogany - but the sound... oh my, the sound!

You and this Uke came together for a reason, keep it and you'll find out what it is. ;)

Last edited:
Definitely keep it. You don't have to be good to appreciate a fine instrument. I have lots of guitars and I am not very good at all (despite 35 years of trying) but I can and do appreciate the good ones.

Thanks guys! I'm definitely going to "hold on to what I've got". I hope I learn to play well enough that other people will enjoy the sound as much as I do. :D

deach it, nah, keep it but take good care of it, especially if its your first

Speaking from experience. You would always regret selling it. You'll get better.
And there's nothing quite like finding and playing the instrument that seems tailor fit to you. Even if you sold it and later on got a different Favilla. It wouldn't be the same.
Appreciate your good fortune. It's yours for a reason.

OK, what should I do?

I guess I have my dream uke already. I am in love with my Favilla.
I will post my uke p*** soon, but the looks of the instrument are not to be compared with the sound. She is pretty in her way - not flashy - just warm dark mahogany - but the sound... oh my, the sound!

Enough already, just strum it for us!!! PLEASE!!!!!!I want to hear 'the sound, oh my, the sound':rolleyes:

Dang... you got lucky. Awesome.... glad to hear that. And glad to hear you're keeping it.

Top Bottom