Suggestions for Strings

gokan68

Reaction score
I have a Fluke concert and need a set of backup strings. Not sure what strings are on it right now as I bought it from someone who only played it a few times.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
~gokan68

I recommend Aquila nyglut strings on a fluke. I have them on mine and they sound great.

Yup. Aquilas on a Flea/Fluke sound awesome.

I'll swim against the stream...

Worth Clear Mediums.

The Flea/Flukes have some volume to them. To my ear the Worths back off on the volume a bit (still plenty loud) compared to Aquillas, and impart a warm and full sound without being sharp.

When picking/plucking Worths give crisp clear notes (provided the plucker is plucking properly).

I just changed my first set of strings last night. Yea, another milestone! :p
I have a Kala and I don't know what brand of strings it had out the factory but I hated them. They were stiff and had a weird feeling on my fingertips. I changed out to Aquila nylgut. I love them. They are soft and springy. I never knew strings could feel/sound so different...

I put KALA Reds on my Fluke and sounds great. As a rule Aquilas make laminates top 'ukuleles like a Fluke sing brighter so are the usual recommendation, and worth trying. I put Aquilas on my laminate Mahalo pineapple and it sounds like a different instrument, very nice improvement.

I have a rosewood fretboard on my Fluke, so hopefully the Aquila's will make it sound even better.

Thanks,
~gokan68

Top Bottom