Incredibly Good Tuner for Android

Blrfl

Reaction score
While poking around the Android Market for apps to fill up the "musical gadgets" page on my phone, I've come across several that bill themselves as tuners for guitars or other instruments. Most of them work -- sort of.

Yesterday I found one called gStrings that's head and shoulders above the rest. The guy who wrote it pretty clearly did his homework, because there are lots of options for tweaking the Fast Fourier Transform used to analyze the incoming sound. There is an option to set the frequency range that lacks "Ukulele" as a setting (use "Guitar"). I'll gather up the frequencies for various sizes of ukes and ask the author to include them in the next version. The link above covers it in detail, so I won't repeat all of that here.

This thing is at least as accurate as my Sabine ST1100, which is still the benchmark I use for other tuners. Highly recommended, and worth sending the author a buck or two.

Now all I need is a clip-on pickup with Bluetooth to complete the ultimate uke nerd experience. :p

--Mark

qrcode.png

Ive had gstrings for ages its great do you have uke chords for 2 dollars?

Haven't bought that yet, but I do have some PDFs that suffice. Might write my own... been looking for something to develop as a first application.

--Mark

Top Bottom