Christmas cheer for Rea

Cal-Mum uker

Reaction score
I was floating around YouTube and saw some injustice that a lot of UU members might want to set right. A new ukulele player uploaded a video and asked for constructive criticism and got slammed. It seemed a heartless comment for a guy just getting started with the ukulele.

The uke has been a source of joy and happiness in my life, as well as for every member of this site. So, maybe some would like to stop by and offer Rea some real comments.

I see he hasn't checked back to his channel in about a week - I would have curled up in the fetal position myself for a while.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/raecarter82

Happy Holidays to the greatest group of people on the web!
Kyle

I took a listen to it and he sounded pretty damn good to me! geez, I wish I could sing and play at the same time, maybe I could post a video of myself playing to deflect criticism away from other beginners!! :D

He did a really good job. Who'd be mean? Some Christmas cheer that is. Bah-humbug. He should make more videos. Very nice.

I don't understand why anyone would slam this guy. Must be the same kind of person who makes himself feel better by belittling others. I can't believe some of the remarks I see in the comments columns on YT. It's like virtual Tourette Syndrome with these trolls. Ah, the joy of anonymity.

You check the critic's (alexsmith657) YouTube page and he has no uploads or favorites, almost like he created the account just to anonymously post negative comments. I get a feeling this guy knows Rae and has a chip on his shoulder. This guy also has one subscriber (smithy657), and that subscriber has the exact profile as the critic so I'm guessing one and the same. Some people the only way they can feel good about themselves is by putting others down, totally uncool. :mad:

PS. Positive encouraging comments but also rate him with stars (5), and subscribe to his channel, and put in a friend request please.

Mahalo Cal-Mum for bringing this to our attention.

Last edited:
Trolls

All kinds of Trolls on the web. Thanks for this thread--I just added my encouragement.

You check the critic's (alexsmith657) YouTube page and he has no uploads or favorites, almost like he created the account just to anonymously post negative comments. I get a feeling this guy knows Rae and has a chip on his shoulder. This guy also has one subscriber (smithy657), and that subscriber has the exact profile as the critic so I'm guessing one and the same. Some people the only way they can feel good about themselves is by putting others down, totally uncool. :mad:

PS. Positive encouraging comments but also rate him with stars (5), and subscribe to his channel, and put in a friend request please.

Mahalo Cal-Mum for bring this to our attention.
Actually, I think I know this punk... He was the kid who would pull the wings off butterflies.:mad: He must be a proud man today...

i saw colmes posted on that a$$holes profile on youtube. i believe people cant say anything bad about other people's playing unless they post a video of themselves perfectly playing the same song. if they think the guy sucks then why bother wasting your time commenting and watching the video. it was his second day with the uke give him a break (hes way better than i was on my second day)

For second day ever playing, that guy is a phenom. Way better than me and I'm going on 9 months. Sings nice too, which I'll never be able to do.

He's a member here for those who don't know => click

Actually, he's pretty good. I didn't see the comment, but I doubt it was even "constructive". For someone who JUST bought an Uke, he's pretty set.

Top Bottom