Best case for KoAloha concert Sceptre

MartinLil

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm seeking advice on a better fitting case for my KoAloha concert Sceptre. It is currently in the case the MGM sells it with (which is currently out of sock in this store): http://elderly.com/accessories/items/TWDHS-C.htm This is a really great case. The problem is, however, that the sceptre has a thin body. So, when placed all the way in the case, it lies on an angle rather than straight across as a regular bodied concert would. I'm worried about the neck and the pressure that is undergoing when placed this way.

Does anyone think this is a concern? Or will it have no effect on the uke? Any suggestions for cases by other sceptre owners?

Thanks!
-Lil

Hello all. I'm seeking advice on a better fitting case for my KoAloha concert Sceptre. It is currently in the case the MGM sells it with (which is currently out of sock in this store): http://elderly.com/accessories/items/TWDHS-C.htm This is a really great case. The problem is, however, that the sceptre has a thin body. So, when placed all the way in the case, it lies on an angle rather than straight across as a regular bodied concert would. I'm worried about the neck and the pressure that is undergoing when placed this way.

Does anyone think this is a concern? Or will it have no effect on the uke? Any suggestions for cases by other sceptre owners?

Thanks!
-Lil

I have my tenor Sceptre in a Koolau case. I don't worry about the thin body myself. You could always put a towel on the bottom of the case to increase the thickness so the body is compressed against the top of the case. I would only do that if I were traveling or when I know it will be jostled alot.

You can buy 1/2 inch foam padding from carpet stores which you can cut to size and fit in case to build up layers to compensate for the thinner body of your Sceptre.

I got this case from UkeRepublic. It is an ostrich case made by vineyard I think. They are no longer making these cases and My tenor sceptre fits nicely in it.
picture.php

Hmm, new cases are expensive. I think you should just put a soft T-shirt or something on the bottom of your case to lift up the body as Ronnie suggested.

And I just played one of those concert sceptres today at the factory, and they really are a joy to play. It's something about that concert scale that makes you feel like you can do anything with it, jumping up and down the fretboard with ease. WAAAAAAAAAANNNNTTT. Maybe after I sell some of my other instruments...

Hmm, new cases are expensive. I think you should just put a soft T-shirt or something on the bottom of your case to lift up the body as Ronnie suggested.

And I just played one of those concert sceptres today at the factory, and they really are a joy to play. It's something about that concert scale that makes you feel like you can do anything with it, jumping up and down the fretboard with ease. WAAAAAAAAAANNNNTTT. Maybe after I sell some of my other instruments...

Ohhh what might you sale?

Ohhh what might you sale?

Oh it's all a bunch of misc instruments that I don't play much anymore due to upgrades: guitars, some ukes, sold a Gibson Grabber bass today, and just trying to get rid of them locally. No super good deals though. (Making more room for KoAlohas...the KoAloha Tenor and the Concert Sceptre had me drooling today.)

Of interest to UU may be a Mele Guitarlele and Fluke out of production mookelele, and a pair of Tangis. Ask prices are pretty high, but if you're interested, and willing pay however much shipping is, they're on Honolulu craigslist. Search JonInstrumentSale. I'll take offers, though.

<end thread hijack>

Jon,

Did you pick up your superconcert today? Didn't you drop it off to lower the action?

Any outcome from the Kanile'a craigslist fiasco? I am still hoping that the Souzas can help you out some.

Top Bottom