Compare/contrast help please

pdxuke

Reaction score
Ok, at the risk of this sounding like a school essay, I will have about $200 to spend on a new uke. You can see the ukes I currently own in my sig line.

I'm looking for a richer sound and easy action addition to my collection. I am considering between the two:

A Fluke
A Mainland Pineapple or Soprano

Opinions, please.

Ok, at the risk of this sounding like a school essay, I will have about $200 to spend on a new uke. You can see the ukes I currently own in my sig line.

I'm looking for a richer sound and easy action addition to my collection. I am considering between the two:

A Fluke
A Mainland Pineapple or Soprano

Opinions, please.

That is a tough decision. I have never played a fluke but I have played many mainlands (great ukes BTW). I want to throw out to you a Mele mahghany soprano. They are handmade ukes that are 200 as well. But considering you already have somelaminates I'd go with the mainland or the Mele (that you haven't checked out yet?).

for what it's worth, I have a fluke concert and a mainland mahogany concert. If i could only have one, I'd pick the mainland, especially if i had a makala dolphin as a knockaround uke. My fluke has the lower action, but the mainland has the warmer and richer tone. hope this helps

Top Bottom