New Disney Movie

Steiner

Reaction score
Just saw "Princess & The Frog" with my kids. The main guy character plays ukulele. Pretty cool.

babysitting this morning watching nick jr i saw a uke on 2 different shows :)

so does zac efron in me and orson wells

Just saw "Princess & The Frog" with my kids. The main guy character plays ukulele. Pretty cool.
I'm anxious to see that. I'm a foley editor and was at the WB foley stage working on something else when that was being done there, and had the honor to do some of the handling and clunk sounds for that uke! I even got to play a couple of bars for a cue where he picks it up on the porch and starts to strum. I doubt that if they used it, but you never know! See? It pays to be the "uke guy"...

I only saw bits and pieces of the movie. How about a mini review? Did your kids like it?

Cool. I know Mickey Mouse uses a Ukulele on an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I thought they were going to call it a guitar and it just looked like a uke for cheaper animation purposes but he actually told the audience it was a ukulele. I was impressed. :D

I'm anxious to see that. I'm a foley editor and was at the WB foley stage working on something else when that was being done there, and had the honor to do some of the handling and clunk sounds for that uke! I even got to play a couple of bars for a cue where he picks it up on the porch and starts to strum. I doubt that if they used it, but you never know! See? It pays to be the "uke guy"...

I only saw bits and pieces of the movie. How about a mini review? Did your kids like it?

They did the Foley for a Disney Movie at Warner Bros. Studios?

Really?

They did the Foley for a Disney Movie at Warner Bros. Studios?

Really?
I know, right? It sounds weird, but not unusual at all, since one of the best foley crews in the world works out of WB. Or it could be an availability/schedule issue - this stage wasn't available so we'll go here - or the sound supervisor has a certain relationship with a particular crew... or budget constraints (although not in this case, since the WB ain't cheap) - any number of things figure into the wacky world of post production sound. I gave up trying to figure these people out years ago!

Cool. I know Mickey Mouse uses a Ukulele on an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I thought they were going to call it a guitar and it just looked like a uke for cheaper animation purposes but he actually told the audience it was a ukulele. I was impressed. :D
I don't really like to think of the uke as a Micky Mouse instrument, but I guess that makes sense... The dude only has four fingers on each hand...:rolleyes:

On the Blu-Ray DVD extras for "Up" the composer has a uke in the background while he is being interviewed. It was either a Flea or a Fluke, I can't remember which for sure. It might have been the Koa Fluke.

–Lori

Kids liked it. It was a pretty standard Disney movie; fun for the whole family with a decent message about being yourself and how working hard for things makes you appreciate them more. I wont give away any plot details, just in case. The Voodoo stuff might be a little scary for real little ones, my 4 year old was ok through it. My littlest one, who's in the pic up in the corner, slept through most of it.

They actually say "ukulele player" at one point. There was actually another point when a character plays the uke on a porch with a bunch of other people. The main guy plays it a few times throughout the movie.

Kids liked it. It was a pretty standard Disney movie; fun for the whole family with a decent message about being yourself and how working hard for things makes you appreciate them more. I wont give away any plot details, just in case. The Voodoo stuff might be a little scary for real little ones, my 4 year old was ok through it. My littlest one, who's in the pic up in the corner, slept through most of it.

They actually say "ukulele player" at one point. There was actually another point when a character plays the uke on a porch with a bunch of other people. The main guy plays it a few times throughout the movie.
Thanks for the thumbs up! I figured you can't really go wrong with a Disney animation, I mean, they kinda invented it after all.

Top Bottom