WTB; I am a newbie and need a Ukulele.

Billy O

Reaction score
Hello UU!

I am looking to buy a great Ukulele for a beginner that I can use when taking my first round of private lessons. Anyone have anything that would be good for me?! I'd much rather buy from someone on this site than purchase from Amazon or Ebay.

gobillyo@gmail.com

Cheers!
-Billy O'

Hello UU!

I am looking to buy a great Ukulele for a beginner that I can use when taking my first round of private lessons. Anyone have anything that would be good for me?! I'd much rather buy from someone on this site than purchase from Amazon or Ebay.

gobillyo@gmail.com

Cheers!
-Billy O'

Well your options are limitless. What is your budget? Are you wanting solid or laminate? What size you want? Are you wanting a beginner that you can upgrade from immediately or wanting a beginner uke to last for some time?

For a beginner, stick with brand's like Makala. They make great starter ukes!

If you want to start a little more intermediate, lend towards the Kala, Lanikai, Oscar Schmidt, or Mainland ukuleles.

Use this site, youtube, and other people to help you get started! You don't really need any lessons.

I recommend the (sopranos) : Makala Dolphin, Kala KA-S, Lanikai LU-21....

For a beginner, stick with brand's like Makala. They make great starter ukes!

If you want to start a little more intermediate, lend towards the Kala, Lanikai, Oscar Schmidt, or Mainland ukuleles.

Use this site, youtube, and other people to help you get started! You don't really need any lessons.

I recommend the (sopranos) : Makala Dolphin, Kala KA-S, Lanikai LU-21....

I see the logic in this theory but if someone can afford lets say a koaloha that can be a beginner uke as well. I started on a oschar schmidt ou2 and it sounded like crap. That uke sat unplayed for three years so I bought a Mele mahghany concert and learned on that. With that said you did offer a very good choice of budget "beginner" ukes:)

Fellow Newbie

Hi,

i am a beginner liek you. My Uku came in the mail October 1st this year, a date I will celebrate for years to come. I read a number of different reviewds and found the "Lanikai LU-21 Soprano Ukulele" was the best choice for the money. It was a minor investment but a great deal for the money. I found it on Amazon on sale for under $60. I great buy and a pretty good sound for that price. I am now looking to upgrade but that is because I am looking for a different size. Good Luck.

Knowing your budget would help. The higher it is, the better the uke will sound.

Hello UU!

gobillyo@gmail.com

Cheers!
-Billy O'

Go visit Musicguymic on ebay. He is a UU member, has a location in Hawaii, GREAT service and some of the best prices. He sells beginner ukes all the way up to the high priced ukes. He will set you up right!! ;)

Top Bottom