Hi from Connecticut

seonachan

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been thinking about ukuleles in passing for a while, but now I'm infatuated. My daughter's birthday is coming up (she's turning 4) and I'm always trying to introduce new musical instruments for her to try out, so this year she's getting a light blue (her favorite color) Mahalo. In the meantime I'm scheming to get one of my own. Not much choice in the stores around here (southeastern CT), so I've been browsing and researching, mostly here as a lurker.

My musical background is mostly guitar, strumstick, and tin whistle, though I've had a whack (sometimes literally) at a bunch of other instruments. I also sing.

Looking forward to getting to know you all as I begin my uke experience!

Welcome to the party, seonachan. :)

Welcome to UU

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! seeso, I wish I had time to switch out the Mahalo for the Dolphin, but her birthday is Saturday, and I haven't seen a Dolphin anywhere around here. But if the Mahalo breaks, I know what I'll replace it with!

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! seeso, I wish I had time to switch out the Mahalo for the Dolphin, but her birthday is Saturday, and I haven't seen a Dolphin anywhere around here. But if the Mahalo breaks, I know what I'll replace it with!

If there's any way you can swing it, buy the Makala instead. Can you get it FedEx overnight from musicguymic?

The comparison is like night and day.

Hi seonachan! Greetings from another Connect-The-Dots resident! I'll also recommend the Dolphins from MusicguyMike. I got them for my kids, and they're great.

Thanks for the welcomes and the advice. I'm sticking with the Mahalo for my daughter for now, after weighing the cost to rush a shipment here vs. her being 4 years old and probably only using it for the occasional bash on the strings. If she keeps an interest in it I'll get her a Dolphin next year.

In the meantime I'm browsing tenor ukes for myself. I'll be sure to do better in the quality department.

Top Bottom