Ukes on CNN

austin1

Reaction score
So I went onto the CNN homepage today and the first thing that caught my eye was a video called "Ukulele boy goes viral," so naturally, I watched it. I hadn't actually seen his video until I ran into it on CNN, but, how cool! And go ahead and guess the song he plays...hint: First word, "I'm," second word, "yours."

It's pretty cute :D

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2009/12/13/am.levs.viral.videos.cnn

P.S. Sorry if everyone else has already seen this/discussed it, but it was new to me so I thought I'd share!

Last edited:
This kids is great, I have seen this video before, but seeing this kid on CNN is awesome!

Not only is he adorable, he actually has talent. He's really good for someone who's only 5 or 6 or something.

He's a lot younger than five or six. I'd put him at three.

--Mark

Yeah, that video is very cute.
I hope that it gives some people the bug to play the uke, but I hope it doesn't give the impression that our instrument is just a kid's toy.

The YouTube profile says the child is five years old, Japanese, doesn't speak English well, and has been playing the uke for a year.

His primary caregiver who created the YouTube account says they learned in a 3-month program that was on NHK (Japanese TV).

His version of "While My Ukulele Gently Weeps" is stellar.

Top Bottom