what is the meaning behind your screen name?

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
ok fred, rayan, aldrine, and anyone else using their real name... no need to explain. but those of us that choose to use a name other than our given name to identify us by must have a meaning behind it.

so i ask you... what is the meaning behind your screen name??? :eek:

mine... NukeDOC.

well the "doc" part refers to my 8+ yrs stint in the navy as a hospital corpsman (medic). the name "doc" is more of a term of endearment by other sailors and marines given only to those corpsmen that they consider top notch and deserve the respect that is given. so basically, whenever my patients felt i did a great job, or even when recognized by an actual doctor, instead of saying it in so many words, "doc" was somewhere incorporated into whatever they were saying. it means a lot when a doctor calls a corpsman "doc".

the "nuke" part refers to the profession i ultimately left the navy with. i work in the field of nuclear medicine. and have in some way, shape, or form, dealt with radiation my whole naval and civilian career.

so what about yoooz?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 6
Bugoy is my nickname given to me by my dad...and my family still calls me bugoy til this day. actually, i dont think they have ever called me by my real name ever in life! haha! "Bugoy" is a slang word in tagalog that is loosely defined as "little runt"... so I'm told :confused:

my favorite number is 3... so 333. then i came up with triplethree, then theres the whole replacing the E's with 3's which so happened to be 3 E's lol. and thats how i got Tripl3Thr33 :)

i have a deadeye.

i jest. was on alias when i played with my friends as a kid on video games...and it stuck online to keep me safe?

Cool topic, Nuke. I enjoyed reading the explanation of your handle. I bow down to your awesomeness.

lol, deadeye! Ha ha ha... I always wondered about that, but it's not the kind of thing you just bring up. "So, deadeye... is one of your eyes dead?" LOL.

Mine is just a phonetic spelling of my nickname, Ciso, which is short for Narciso.

How many people on here are Filipino?

unplaned from unplanedlayer...I used to use it as a gaming handle, a pun on unamedplayer

Pulgas is Flea in Tagalog

I'm sure the pinoys/pinays in here already knew what it meant, but for those who don't know Tagalog, JumpingPulgas means JumpingFlea. I couldn't think of a name to use :p

Mine's pretty easy. I'm a part time pr0n star on the side.

haha, yeah right. it actually stems from having stage 4 testicular cancer back in '89, during which I had to lose one of the "boys". I'm super lucky to be alive given the advanced stage of it all. somewhere around 2001, was hanging around with some friends and we started a topic on if we were a Star Wars character, who would each be. One guy said "Michael would be Hung Solo". mass hilarity ensued and that stuck as my nickname since...

aw well, at least I didn't get labeled as Jabba the slut...

haha, yeah right. it actually stems from having stage 4 testicular cancer back in '89, during which I had to lose one of the "boys". I'm super lucky to be alive given the advanced stage of it all. somewhere around 2001, was hanging around with some friends and we started a topic on if we were a Star Wars character, who would each be. One guy said "Michael would be Hung Solo". mass hilarity ensued and that stuck as my nickname since...

BAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU WIN!

holy crapht!!! if this was the bushman contest, you just won a free ukulele. i have posted this question on at least three different forums and this has to be the absolute best explanation ever! seriously, glad you made it through.

holy crapht!!! if this was the bushman contest, you just won a free ukulele. i have posted this question on at least three different forums and this has to be the absolute best explanation ever! seriously, glad you made it through.

I CAN HAZ FREE UKE NOW? :p

Attachments

• IMG_9066.jpg
    IMG_9066.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9072.jpg
    IMG_9072.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9109.jpg
    IMG_9109.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 11
when it came to picking a name i just chose to give props to my wonderful concert sized ukulele with a long neck. it is a Ceniza by T&K. and the 01 refers to my number that i always am. well its 1 but screen names that i use for some reason never have just 1 i always have to put 01. so nothing special, just giving some love to my ukulele (who by the way has a new name just given to her Haylee!!!)

Attachments

• IMG_1721.jpg
    IMG_1721.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1913.jpg
    IMG_1913.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1914.jpg
    IMG_1914.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1917.jpg
    IMG_1917.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1920.jpg
    IMG_1920.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 12
coming from a filipino family,i gots the nick name boy( every filipino family has a tito boy!) the 5 was just cause.

coming from a filipino family,i gots the nick name boy( every filipino family has a tito boy!) the 5 was just cause.

haha thats cool because my son's nickname is boy. and my daughter... you guessed it. i call her baby hahaha. hella pinoy.

Attachments

• IMG_2449.jpg
    IMG_2449.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2419.jpg
    IMG_2419.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2440.jpg
    IMG_2440.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 568
  • IMG_2428.jpg
    IMG_2428.jpg