Headstock design

citizenjazz

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having a new tenor ukulele built by a friend who is a luthier. I'm looking for an interesting headstock design. Not something completely out of this world though.

Any ideas?

Alain.

Hi,

I'm having a new tenor ukulele built by a friend who is a luthier. I'm looking for an interesting headstock design. Not something completely out of this world though.

Any ideas?

Alain.

Here are some headstock designs I've been working on this week. Kinda rough cause I'm learning to use vector based software and it's a bit slow going. I'm still tweaking them but here's what I have so far.

I call them.. Dude, Keystone, Tulip, Clubs and Crown Vic. Use what you want.

Last edited:
I like that foot one. My friend runs cross country and would love it too!

Are you going to have friction or geared tuners?

Some designs might not work well with geared tuners.

Are you going to have friction or geared tuners?

Some designs might not work well with geared tuners.

Yep, the foot gets the friction tuners, the rest can go either way. So, both. The Crown Vic headstock is reserved for my AAAAA ukes in the future.

Last edited:
I like that foot one. My friend runs cross country and would love it too!

Well in about a couple of weeks I'll be selling a couple of sopranos with the foot (dude) headstock. Dude.. it's all good. :)

Got some good ones there, Vic. Very cool. What software are you using? I work with Illustrator at home and work, as well as Rhino 3D, both of which are vector based applications.

Got some good ones there, Vic. Very cool. What software are you using? I work with Illustrator at home and work, as well as Rhino 3D, both of which are vector based applications.

Thanks Matt. I'm using Inkscape. I worked with Illustrator briefly about ten years ago but have forgotten it all. Once I get Inkscape down I might start playing around with Blender again.

Here are some headstock designs I've been working on this week. Kinda rough cause I'm learning to use vector based software and it's a bit slow going. I'm still tweaking them but here's what I have so far.

I call them.. Dude, Keystone, Tulip, Clubs and Crown Vic. Use what you want.

I love Tulip. My sketches of my dream uke all have a headstock somewhat similar to that...

Top Bottom