PDA

View Full Version : Hello

freackykit
12-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Hiya all,

I'm registered as freackykit here (blame the godson, it's my you tube name) but Chris will do. I messed around with a guitar for a few years and accidentally stumbled across the uke orchestra of GB, then the Wellington International orchestra. About 3 weeks ago took the plunge and bought an Ohana TK35G tenor and never looked back.

Slowly making progress through a few chord shapes and enjoy the natural harmonies that the uke gives...that almost made me sound as if I knew what I was talking about :)

At the moment I just seem to stumble across breakthroughs but am trying to be systematic in learning, but then you just want to go away for a while and have fun and strum around and see what happens don't you?

Anyway I'm 42...from the UK and look forward to wading through the stuff you have here in heaps...

See you guys around,

If I can learn the uke then anyone can lol

seeso
12-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Welcome, freackykit! :shaka:

Papa Dave
12-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Welcome to UU!

johncaudrey
12-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi freackykit and welcome to UU.
Make sure you join the UK.lele social group at: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/group.php?groupid=30
for all things Uke in the UK.
This is a great forum. Enjoy your stay.

buddhuu
12-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Hi Chris! :)

Nice to have yet another UK member. There's safety in numbers, you know... :D

SailQwest
12-15-2009, 01:18 AM
Welcome to UU!

freackykit
12-16-2009, 03:22 AM
Thank you all for your warm replies
There's so much on here which I never knew about this site is amazing....:D

brickerenator
12-16-2009, 03:48 AM
Thank you all for your warm replies
There's so much on here which I never knew about this site is amazing....:D

agreed, lovely place

UkuEroll
12-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi Chris
Welcome onboard, always nice to see another Brit. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here, you couldn't find a nicer group of people.