Motorcycles

rreffner

Reaction score
Anyone else travel with their ukulele when riding? I have a Harley Roadglide and a Honda Goldwing. When I leave for overnight or longer trips, my ukulele goes with me.

Anyone else travel with their ukulele when riding? I have a Harley Roadglide and a Honda Goldwing. When I leave for overnight or longer trips, my ukulele goes with me.

Last year my wife was stationed at Eglin (Ft. Walten Beach, Fl.) and I went to visit her multiple times (5) with my uke in my bag. 350 miles from ATL to Eglin. I ride a sportster and my uke took up a little space so I eventually left it in Florida with her (but i had three more at the house so it was a smart Idea). This summer I am taking my sportster to Idaho with my concert uke as a passenger.

I've got a Suzuki C50 and one of my projects is to install a pair of tenor hardshell cases as saddle bags. Pipes are on the right so my uke would ride on the left side. I've got EZ Brackets on my current bags, all I'd have to do is relocate the hardware on one of the bags so that they'd both open from the top.

I've got a Suzuki C50 and one of my projects is to install a pair of tenor hardshell cases as saddle bags. Pipes are on the right so my uke would ride on the left side. I've got EZ Brackets on my current bags, all I'd have to do is relocate the hardware on one of the bags so that they'd both open from the top.

The C50 is a nice bike. My dad has a C90. When I upgrade I think I will be buying a boulevarde.

I had a bigger bike that I got rid of when I moved back to the islands. This one is mid-ranged in size--about 600 pounds. I can't wait to turn it into a ukulelecycle. Put my business name on the cases and I think I've got a tax deduction!

Chicks dig guys on bikes with a Flea Bag strapped on there backs. Wish I still had my Honda Spree, a real baddazz bike. ;)
HondaSpree.jpg

FWIW, the Givi E52 top case holds a soprano (and probably a concert) nicely with room to spare.

--Mark

I ride most days that are above freezing and not stupidly wet.

The reason I got into uke is that I can't fit a cello into my saddlebag. True story. I was looking for something different to play, but the motorcycle size limits became a big factor.

I have a gigbag for my tenors and my fluke has a bag - either one, if not both are likley to be on my back while riding.

I ride most days that are above freezing and not stupidly wet.

The reason I got into uke is that I can't fit a cello into my saddlebag. True story. I was looking for something different to play, but the motorcycle size limits became a big factor.

I have a gigbag for my tenors and my fluke has a bag - either one, if not both are likley to be on my back while riding.

You get called Dudely a lot? I get that all the time. It is funny b/c I participate in a motorcycle ministry (BOJCMM) and they all make fun of my uke but when ever we stop and want some music I am the hero:)

You get called Dudely a lot? I get that all the time. It is funny b/c I participate in a motorcycle ministry (BOJCMM) and they all make fun of my uke but when ever we stop and want some music I am the hero:)

Not to my face at least.:cool:

I'm not a big "group ride" kind of guy, so I haven't heard anyone say anything. It's how I get around.

I get more flack in general for riding a Harley than playing the uke.

I love motorcycles, and definitely love being able to head somewhere with just my uke on my back.

Here's a pic of me on my bike
n43005276_31577249_7261.jpg

And about a month ago I did a little riding for one of my ukulele videos when I recorded Born to be Wild if you haven't seen that.

Oh, and I'll almost definitely be riding to UWC btw, so maybe I'll see a few other riders/ukers there :cheers:

Not to my face at least.:cool:

I'm not a big "group ride" kind of guy, so I haven't heard anyone say anything. It's how I get around.

I get more flack in general for riding a Harley than playing the uke.

Here it is if you don't ride a Harley you catch crap. I ride solo more often than not and if it wasn't raining so much here I'd be riding right now. Your bike is nice. I like that color scheme.

I love motorcycles, and definitely love being able to head somewhere with just my uke on my back.

Here's a pic of me on my bike
n43005276_31577249_7261.jpg

And about a month ago I did a little riding for one of my ukulele videos when I recorded Born to be Wild if you haven't seen that.

Oh, and I'll almost definitely be riding to UWC btw, so maybe I'll see a few other riders/ukers there :cheers:

Me too. I'll be riding up if I get that monday off following.

Top Bottom