New Honu Models Coming? Did I imagine this?

No mention of new models on the website!

I do recall a UU'er stating in a post that she/he heard from MGM that a new line of Pono ukes are coming out soon. I'm not sure of the validity, though.

I remember hearing through the grapevine that Honu was working on a mahogany series. No idea on the details though

I do recall a UU'er stating in a post that she/he heard from MGM that a new line of Pono ukes are coming out soon. I'm not sure of the validity, though.

Pono's new line is on their site, coming out full stop in January.

Am I starting to loose it - or is it true that new Honu models (mahogany) are coming out?

Any info anyone?

6sc

Honu does have a solid mahghany line coming out after the new year. UkeRepublic informed me of this a few months ago. I believe that they are coming out during NAMM or shortly after. Soon. Though. Soon. It is not a dream and no one has to shoot you for divulging this information.

Last edited:
Honu does have a solid mahghany line coming out after the new year. UkeRepublic informed me of this a few months ago. I believe that they are coming out during NAMM or shortly after. Soon. Though. Soon. It is not a dream and no one has to shoot you for divulging this information.

Yep, it's true. They will have a 3 point headstock with the Big Island logo on it
It will come in deluxe model-glossy and a satin model as well. There will be a cut-away tenor model with Fishman pick-up with a MSRP of $449.00 satin and $499.00 gloss
satin sop-$249.00, concert satin-$289.00, tenor-$329.00. Gloss runs about $30.00 more These prices are pretty close to being the final numbers so I've been told. I hope to have some pics soon. Should be available Jan/Feb
New Pono's coming up. I should have a maple tenor here in the Republic real soon. Full stock should be ready after 2010 Namm

Yep, it's true. They will have a 3 point headstock with the Big Island logo on it
It will come in deluxe model-glossy and a satin model as well. There will be a cut-away tenor model with Fishman pick-up with a MSRP of $449.00 satin and $499.00 gloss
satin sop-$249.00, concert satin-$289.00, tenor-$329.00. Gloss runs about $30.00 more These prices are pretty close to being the final numbers so I've been told. I hope to have some pics soon. Should be available Jan/Feb
New Pono's coming up. I should have a maple tenor here in the Republic real soon. Full stock should be ready after 2010 Namm

Excellent.

Excellent (that I'm not going crazy, and more sweet ukes will soon be on the market.

Man those new Pono's are sweeter than sweet. That maple deluxe with the curly maple, slotted head stock. Why is bling so purdey! Why does it make me melt!

Cheers all,

6sc

Last edited:
Excellent (that I'm not going crazy, and more sweet ukes will soon be on the market.

Man those new Pono's are sweeter than sweet. That maple deluxe with the curly maple, slotted head stock. Why is bling so purdey! Why does it make me melt!

Cheers all,

6sc

I understand, I too am a bling addict! I like the new Ohana CK 75G=mucho abalone, figured maple and lovely spruce. It sounds blingerific too!!!:drool:

Top Bottom