JAKE on UK TV Wednesday evening.

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
For anyone that doesn't already know, Jake Shimabukoura played at the Royal Variety Show in Blackpool last week and it's on ITV at 7.30 Wednesday (16th) evening. He plays with Bette Middler who I think is the top act so he most likely won't be on 'til the end so there's no need to sit through Lady GaGa and the rest.

Cheers,
Ian.

Actually, I've just seen a trailer for the RVP and Bette Middler was on her own. I know Jake definitely played at Blackpool so I hope he's shown, would be a waste if he isn't.

Ian.

Actually, I've just seen a trailer for the RVP and Bette Middler was on her own. I know Jake definitely played at Blackpool so I hope he's shown, would be a waste if he isn't.

Ian.

Let's hope he is. I'll watch it tonight.

I've got it marked on the Sky+ box so if I miss the beginning it should record it for me. :)
I like watching the Variety Show anyway so I will watch the whole thing. I don't think they edit any of the content out so he should be in there.

I don't think they edit any of the content out so he should be in there.

Unfortunately they do edit some stuff out of the show that finally goes out on TV, as the actual show is longer than the TV programme. I certainly know of acts who have been the show in past years and not had their act on shown on the final TV programme.

Fingers crossed for Jake!

I'm watching the show as I type this and was going to switch Bet off, but now I'll have to watch! just incase, would be right fed up if I missed him.

Brilliant! Only one song but he played superbly. Wish they'd given him a slot by himself though.

Ian.

tried loading it with firebug (firefox plugin, good for non-youtube sites) to see if the flv file was readily accessible to the outside world... alas, no. We'll need an IT competent UK'r to do their part towards sharing the love... or at least a UK-side proxy...

And to think... lady gaga is getting youtube coverage for skills she was presenting back when she was talented!!!

Last edited:
It was so so good to see Jake on UK tv, maybe it will spur more brits to pick up the ukulele and scotch the George Formby stereotyping.
I hope he decides to do a tour here soon!

I hope he decides to do a tour here soon!
I second that. I'd love to see him live. I'd like to see Julia Nunes too but she never seems to get further than London.
I'm also oleased that a thread I started has reached two pages. Normally when I post in a thread is seems to kill it stone dead, lol.

Ian.

Top Bottom