PDA

View Full Version : Jason Mraz @ the Waikiki Shell

puremarkska
05-03-2008, 12:53 AM
Just got back from Mraz's concert at the Shell (I, by the hand of God, found a ticket from somebody who couldn't go). Freaking Amazing. Plus he did two songs on ukulele, one of them being a super sweet solo, no accompaniment other than his trusty four-stringer, version of Sinatra's "Fly Me To the Moon."

I really wish I had a vid to show. Sorry guys. I was in row 20, equipped with only my camera phone, so the videos I got aren't even worth posting. But still - a semi-(if not already)mainstream artist, rocking uke like it ain't no thang.

Score one for the good guys.

experimentjon
05-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Man lucky you. I just knew they sold out the tickets to that super fast. So the option of going wasn't even there. I'm sure it was awesome. Lucky you to get a free ticket. :)

Aldrine Guerrero
05-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Just got back from Mraz's concert at the Shell (I, by the hand of God, found a ticket from somebody who couldn't go). Freaking Amazing. Plus he did two songs on ukulele, one of them being a super sweet solo, no accompaniment other than his trusty four-stringer, version of Sinatra's "Fly Me To the Moon."

I really wish I had a vid to show. Sorry guys. I was in row 20, equipped with only my camera phone, so the videos I got aren't even worth posting. But still - a semi-(if not already)mainstream artist, rocking uke like it ain't no thang.

Score one for the good guys.

Lucky! I wanted to go.... :(

puremarkska
05-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Lucky you to get a free ticket. :)

Haha, no, I actually still had to pay for it, but at least it wasn't at an overinflated price. Even if it was, though, it would have been worth every penny. Musical adventure of a lifetime.