Yikes! Anybody want to buy my Kanilea K1-C?

bbycrts

Reaction score
SOLD!

I have been bitten by UAS and a desire for a soprano rather than my current Kanile'a K1-C. I have found the uke I want - but I have to sell the current Kanile'a concert first - and quickly if I want to be able to jump on the soprano.

Here's what it is:

Kanile'a K1-C, built in February 2007. (EDITED - I originally had 2008 here, but that was a typo!)

It does NOT have TRU bracing.
I have installed a strap button.
I have replaced the original white bridge pins with snakewood pins with abalone dots.

Asking $459 plus $15 shipping.

It is in beautiful shape - stunning. The wood is gorgeous. It will come in an awesome O'ahu case (by Ko'olau) which is a perfect fit. The case currently has stickers on it, but I will remove them if you like...they should peel right off.

Here are some pics - please forgive me that I don't have a note labeling the uke with today's date - it is at home and I'm at work. I have been around here for a year and should be pretty well known by many...

P1000141.jpg

P1000142.jpg

P1000139.jpg

P1000140.jpg

Last edited:
how does it sound without the tru bracing compared to your other kanilea?

how does it sound without the tru bracing compared to your other kanilea?

Honestly, I don't notice a difference. My other one is a soprano, so it doesn't have quite the depth of sound by nature - but this one is so very rich and sweet. If I liked the body size and configuration as much as my Kanile'a soprano there is NO WAY I would be getting rid of it - but I adore my current soprano and would like another. Crazy, I suppose...but I never claimed sanity!

I wish I had a way to put up a sound sample, but I don't have any recording equipment that won't make everything sound all tinny, and that just won't do this justice!

Oh, and I'll throw in an extra set of Aquila concert strings (reentrant). Such a deal!

I should note that this sale is contingent on the availability of the other uke I have my eye on - if it sells before this does, I will pull this one...not to rush you, just trying to be up front!

Is that a rosewood or ebony fretboard? Difficult to tell from the pics. I know that the K1 models now come with rosewood fretboards but not sure about 2007.

Last edited:
Fantastic deal. I know you had your eye on a Ko'olau, Brad, but this is just as good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom