Hello, from Fort Worth, Texas.

chaztoo

Reaction score
Hi, gang, I'm Charlie Trotter. I've played guitar for fifteen years. I mentioned an interest in the ukulele and my mother-in-law gave me her 50s-60s era Harmony soprano. I've had it a while, but lately the bug has bitten me again, and hard. You guys seem to have a really cool, welcoming community here and across the internet. The joy of these little things is contagious. I'm looking forward to meeting more of you.

You're in good company here. Welcome aboard.

Welcome, Charlie. :)

Welcome to the UU. My mom lives in Ennis or is it Enis, Tx? Also there is a nice local luthier there in your parts as well as a uke club (not sure of their name) but I did buy a 6 string uke from one of the members.

Ennis is South and East of me. I'm looking for local groups but they seem to be well hidden. There's one over in Dallas I might check out, but I'd love to find a group in Fort Worth.

Hello Charlie, :D

My husband Mark Levine and I have a Uke group in Dallas - Dallas Ukulele Headquarters. Would love for you to drive down and jam with us sometime.

We have a very active group and meet at least twice a month if not more.

Check our our website www.ukulele.meetup.com/84/

We have our Christmas party/jam coming up this Saturday - Dec 19th if you are interested and would like to come, let me know and I will confirm you a spot and a guest if you like.

We also have a New Years Day jam coming up as well as Steve and Amanda Boisen from the Barnkickers coming in from Florida to make their Texas debut with us - Saturday Jan.9th - Steve will also be teaching a workshop on Cord Solowing. Visit our website for more infor on these and other Uke events coming up. We have some members who live in Ft. Worth as well. :D

Hope to meet you soon!

Uke ON!

Kathy Levine

Excellent, another Texan! The more that signup and login, the better chance we have for Ryan, Aldrine and Aaron making a tour stop in our great State. Welcome to UU Chaztoo!

Hello Charlie, :D

My husband Mark Levine and I have a Uke group in Dallas - Dallas Ukulele Headquarters. Would love for you to drive down and jam with us sometime.

We have a very active group and meet at least twice a month if not more.

Check our our website www.ukulele.meetup.com/84/

We have our Christmas party/jam coming up this Saturday - Dec 19th if you are interested and would like to come, let me know and I will confirm you a spot and a guest if you like.

We also have a New Years Day jam coming up as well as Steve and Amanda Boisen from the Barnkickers coming in from Florida to make their Texas debut with us - Saturday Jan.9th - Steve will also be teaching a workshop on Cord Solowing. Visit our website for more infor on these and other Uke events coming up. We have some members who live in Ft. Worth as well. :D

Hope to meet you soon!

Uke ON!

Kathy Levine

Kathy, thanks for the heads up. Can't make it this weekend; our house is locked down in quarantine after the baby had the stomach flu last night, but I think we will be in town for New Year's Day, so I will try hard to see if I can make it. I just joined your group online and am excited to meet local people.

Top Bottom