Is this guy a member here?

SweetWaterBlue

Reaction score
I want to be able to play this song the way he plays it so bad, I can taste it. Other than Hawaiian music, this style of playing plays a large part of my image of the uke, and probably why I got one. The actual playing is at the last half of the review, if you don't want to see the flea's features again. Is he a member here, and/or who is he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plouyGNtsqg

Marcy Marxer has a great lesson with a similar style on this on YouTube, as well, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
I want to be able to play this song the way he plays it so bad, I can taste it. Other than Hawaiian music, this style of playing plays a large part of my image of the uke, and probably why I got one. The actual playing is at the last half of the review, if you don't want to see the flea's features again. Is he a member here, and/or who is he?

Mary Marxy has a great lesson with a similar style on this on YouTube, as well, if anyone is interested.

Not sure about that guy...But this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvfmbmWNUTc&feature=related is a member here:)

I don't think he is and apparently he's been playing for awhile.

Not sure about that guy...But this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvfmbmWNUTc&feature=related is a member here:)

I am already sold on the flea (for some strange reason), but its more the style of playing I'm interested in right now. JT is great though, and I long ago subscribed to his channel. My poor Kala tenor is starting to think its a soprano I have strummed this tune (badly) on it so much the last few days. Maybe next week, it will be my next YouTube video lol.

Last edited:
I am already sold on the flea (for some strange reason), but its more the style of playing I'm interested in right now. JT is great though, and I long ago subscribed to his channel. My poor Kala tenor is starting to think its a soprano I have strummed this tune (badly) on it so much the last few days. Maybe next week, it will be my next YouTube video lol.

I want a flea or is it a fluke? Anyways I like to hike and camp in the backwoods and my koalohas won't go on those trips with me. I did buy a kala soprano for those journies but there is something about a fluke and flea.

I want a flea or is it a fluke? Anyways I like to hike and camp in the backwoods and my koalohas won't go on those trips with me. I did buy a kala soprano for those journies but there is something about a fluke and flea.

I figure I already have a tenor, so I want a concert flea. Is UAS supposed to start this early - I have only had the Kala 11 days!

I figure I already have a tenor, so I want a concert flea. Is UAS supposed to start this early - I have only had the Kala 11 days!

Mine took about three years give or take to set in. After I bought my first uke an OU2 I just strummed a few chords (I lived in Hawai'i when I bought it). I put it away and tried to focus on the guitar. So three years later I put the guitar down for good and have only tried the ukulele since. UAS is strong. I had a vision today of my worship room with a wall dedicated to ukuleles (not an idol BTW). I want so many ukes in different woods and I feel guilty about this and have even started a few threads in guilt because let's be honest. One can only play one uke at a time. SWB if it makes you feel good. I got a few studetns that already have UAS. One of my boys came in today and is trying to negotiate with me to get an ohana from ukerepublic. It is funny. UAS isn't the worse disease one can get.

Marcy Marxer has a great lesson with a similar style on this on YouTube, as well, if anyone is interested.

His name is Jim Schweickart and he lives right here in Louisville, KY. He's a guitarist mainly but is a uke aficionado as well. He works at Guitar Emporium in Louisville. He sold me my Flea and a resonator guitar too. Quite the sweet-talker - darn him!

Yeah, isn't he great? That video played a big role in my decision to buy a Flea.

Oddly enough, when my Flea arrived, I didn't automatically begin playing as well as that guy does. So I guess my Flea must be defective. Yeah, that's the ticket. ;)

His name is Jim Schweickart and he lives right here in Louisville, KY. He's a guitarist mainly but is a uke aficionado as well. He works at Guitar Emporium in Louisville. He sold me my Flea and a resonator guitar too. Quite the sweet-talker - darn him!

Thanks Alan. I figured someone here would know him. The next time you see him, tell him he definitely needs to make more YouTube uke videos.I can certainly see him selling a lot of fleas if he plays them like that.

Thanks Alan. I figured someone here would know him. The next time you see him, tell him he definitely needs to make more YouTube uke videos.I can certainly see him selling a lot of fleas if he plays them like that.

They do sell a lot of Fleas and Flukes there. I'm tempted to get a concert flea every time I go into the place.

I'll tell him what you said and mention the UWC. He should go.

After my first uke (Kala mango tenor), I got the UAS right away. Second uke came 2 weeks later (Long neck soprano Sitka/ spalted maple). Those Kalas really get the fever going. I tuned the tenor to low G, and the Long Neck Soprano to high G. Since then, I have been averaging about 1 uke a month. But now that I have 8, I think I will slow down a bit, and save money up for a KoAloha. I really love the Kanile'a I got for my birthday. I just kind of collected in the Kala/ Mainland/ Ohana range, then skipped the mid range ukes to go to the "K" brand Hawaiian level. It sure is fun!

–Lori

Top Bottom