Looking for UU Intern

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
I'm working on the website redesign now, but I could use a little help so I'm looking for a UU intern to assist in some of the easier tasks. Whoever is chosen, will get a link to their youtube channel / website / whatever in the footer of Ukuleleunderground.com and some UU shwag.

Requirements:
Must be trustworthy (will have access to some of the site admin tools)
Must know how to use photoshop to screen shot, crop and resize photos and save for web
Must have some time to work on it and get pics to me quickly
After the launch, have time to resize up to 3 photos a week and upload

If this sounds interesting to you, to apply, please send an email to ryan(at)ukuleleunderground.com

If all you need to do is screenshot, crop, and resize, you can do that with paint and MS photo manager. So people without photoshop probably don't need to be scared. Fast way to get more traffic to your site and score some UU swag.

While this is true, photoshop has some cool options for optimizing images for the web, such as compression and file types that make loading images a breeze for a website. You can probably obtain similar results on lower end software like paint.net or GIMP, but it will take a lot more effort to get it to the desired file size and resolution.

While this is true, photoshop has some cool options for optimizing images for the web, such as compression and file types that make loading images a breeze for a website. You can probably obtain similar results on lower end software like paint.net or GIMP, but it will take a lot more effort to get it to the desired file size and resolution.

That's a good point too. You def get more power out of PS, and that's what I use when I need to do anything more complex than taking a screenshot for work where bandwidth/size issues aren't an issue. :)

I use the shareware Irfanview http://www.irfanview.com from Irfan Skiljan. It's only about 1 megabyte in size, so it's a pretty quick download, even on a dialup connection. It has an autoadjust for color and brightness, a resize and when saving as a JPEG, it allows changing the resolution as a percentage of the original. Very simple and fast to use. Ric

If all you need to do is screenshot, crop, and resize, you can do that with paint and MS photo manager.

You'll get rubbish quality output though. Irfanview (as ricdoug has pointed out) is a better bet IMHO - resample (which is better than basic resizing), cropping etc are mere keyboard shortcuts away. No need to open up a full blown image editor like photoshop...

Open in Irfanview -> keyboard shortcut to do whatever you want -> keyboard shortcut to save... will take you about 5 seconds.

Honestly, when I moved to Linux, irfanview was about the only windows software I genuinely missed... it's that good :)

I've never heard of irfanview, I'm going to download it as soon as I have the time. It sounds like something my mother would use, as she is scanning her family photos, cropping them and organizing them. I tried to teach her photoshop, but this sounds like a much simpler solution. Thanks.

So, back to the original post . . . any volunteers?

I sent an email last night too. I'd be willing to help out in any way.

I emailed the day it went out. I have a good amount of(years of) photoshop experience.

Top Bottom