Good Ukulele Strings?

P4ttheb4ker

Reaction score
Hey guys!

What are good ukulele strings?
I bought a lanikai LU-21P Pineapple in April and I haven't changed my strings yet so I'm not sure what to buy.

That is a frequently discussed subject 'round these parts.

The general consensus is that Worth fluorocarbon and Aquila Nylgut are pretty much the top of the line. Also in the running are the D'Addario Pro Arte strings sold here in the UU shop, but I've never tried them.

Others have had good luck with Fremont Blacklines, Kala Reds, and others. Martin now makes fluorocarbon strings in soprano/concert size and they aren't bad strings at all.

One thing you might consider is buying one of the sampler sets from MusicGuyMic. It has a set of Ko'olau Golds, Hilo (traditional nylon), Fremont (fluorocarbon) and Aquila Nylgut. Not a bad set in the pack, and a neat way of deciding what type of string suits you and your uke.

I strongly recommend buying strings from musicguymic (MGM on our board). Best prices on strings and shipping, and they'll be in your mailbox in no time!

There are a lot of threads regarding strings and the majority basically say the same things. You're gonna have to try different manufacturers and see what pleases you tonally. Also consider the feel and playability of the string set. I would suggest using the search feature located in the tool bar near the top of the page.

Top Bottom