Woot Woot UAS

Monkeyswithladders

Reaction score
So I've been pretty darn good at sticking to just my Flea for the little over a year I've been playing without buying another uke (although I have bought quite a few other instruments to add to the arsenal :D)

However, today I had some great news. I called up a credit card company to cancel a credit card I felt I just didn't need anymore. The lady was like, "okay... now did you want to redeem your unused rewards points before you close your account so they don't go to waste?"

I had no idea it was a rewards card at all! So I chose a gift card to amazon and just used it to buy a kala pineapple! woot woot! It's like putting your hand in your jacket pocket and finding a free ukulele in there!! I'm so pumped :D

Congrats! What a deal.

that is awesome! that was really cool of the customer service rep to help you cash out on your awards points that you didn't even know about. they could have easily ignored the fact that you had a balance. congrats on the free uke!

wow....pure win. What a cool story. Enjoy that Kala!!

Too cool! Um....I gotta go....I've got a lot of jacket pockets to check!

Wow... the US are really advanced in the use of credit cards and mileage points. That's a lot of points you had gathered there.

Now let me go cancel some of my credit cards...

oh wait...

...that would get me chased by guys with dark eyebrows in oversized sedans...

What made you choose the Kala?
I love points for Amazon gift cards. I intended to use some toward another uke, but then I wound up using them for things like compact discs and Christmas shopping.

lol, these replies are awesome. When I get it in the mail, I'll definitely share what I think of it with everyone (which I'm sure will be great :D) and make a video.

Russ, I thought of that too. She really was just doing the right thing and being kind when she didn't have to be. It's so great when that happens. And mailman, haha-- check the coats with the biggest pockets first!

The way it worked was I had a choice between cash or twice that amount in the form of their sponsor's gift certificates. I immediately thought of music stores, but doubted american express would have one as a choice. So I asked if they had amazon as a sponsor since I knew you could order ukes through them. And they did!

What made you choose the Kala?
I love points for Amazon gift cards. I intended to use some toward another uke, but then I wound up using them for things like compact discs and Christmas shopping.

tbh, the main reason why I chose the Kala is because of the UWC in June. I'm almost positive I'll be going, and when I do, I'm going to ride a motorcycle about 9 hours to get there and camp outside for a few days before riding back. Up until now, anytime I go to a beach or camping or something, I bring a $14 Ron Jon toyish ukulele instead of my flea just because I'm too worried about something happening to the Flea. The toy suits my own need to play, and on a beach where almost no one has seen much ukulele playing, I haven't really minded playing a toy. But it still leaves a lot to be desired.

In June, I know I would have brought that Ron Jon one to the UWC and had half of me wishing I had my flea the whole time, and half of me being thankful that it's safe at home. When I found out about the certificate, the first thing I saw was an opportunity to grab the best thing I could for the amount and make it my good-sounding-but-not-too-expensive-to-make-me-worry-about-taking-it-into-the-outdoors ukulele. I spent the day at work looking at amazon and reading the ukulele underground reviews on the different ukes in the price range and decided on the pineapple looking Kala :D

That's a great uke! Change out the strings if comes with GHS. Worth Clears Mediums are very good, or if you are more of a strummer, Aquilas.

My Kala Kiwi is the go-to run-about-town uke! Great sound, sturdy, compact and fun! Tuning gears are excellent, and the quality control on my Kiwi was 5 stars! It is a laminate mahogany, so no worries for cracking wood in dry climates.

–Lori

Top Bottom