Pineapple Passion (Help!)

pdxuke

Reaction score
it's probably pretty much the same ukulele. the ohana does have a cool headstock though.

i have had a couple of mainland pineapples and i haven't played much better.

i'm sure you'd enjoy either. you can't go wrong ordering from Mike on the Mainland or Mike on the island.

UkeRepublic is letting me test drive a few of his ohanas and vineyards. They are pretty decent ukes. Much better than I thought. I prefer the mainland but that is b/c HH is just one cool guy and his ukes are excellent. Flip a coin.

One thing to consider...the Ohana comes with friction tuners, the Mainland has a choice of friction or geared tuners at no extra cost.

Do they look to you like high quality friction tuners? Or am I likely to have trouble with them?

They're Gotohs, which are good tuners. As long as you're fine w/ friction tuners in general, you'll be fine with them. I personally prefer friction tuners on sopranos because they keep the uke balanced.

Happy pineapple ukin'!

They're Gotohs, which are good tuners. As long as you're fine w/ friction tuners in general, you'll be fine with them. I personally prefer friction tuners on sopranos because they keep the uke balanced.

Happy pineapple ukin'!

:agree: I didn't mean to imply the friction tuners are inferior (I actually prefer them too). Just thought I'd mention it in case it was a concern for you. I think both instruments are high quality and really comes to personal preference. Get the one you like better.

Congrats on the uke! Now I'm not sure but it looks like the mainland pineapple is slightly bigger/longer, it could just be your picture tho.

Top Bottom