STRING CHANGE (yikes!)

pdxuke

Reaction score
Okay, all you Uke/YouTube masters...

I'll be facing a string change soon, and all my ukes are the threaded, tied variety--no comfortable knots or pegs. Music Guy Mike re strung my Dolphin when he set it up with this absolutely beautiful (and terrifying) pattern.

So, great Masters, we beginners need a good vid on changing out strings. That means EXTREME CLOSEUPS.:eek: The vids that are out there, I can't really see what's going on :(

This would be a great service, mitzvah, good deed, great Kharma, etc., for anyone who took it on. There would be great rejoicing and singing in the beginner's village, and I'll name my next uke after you!

Yes, I know that one. Sadly, the camera shots don't really give these poor, old, tired, confused eyes a clear enough view of the process. His arm is in the way, the strings are in the way, I'm longing for an ECU (Extreme Close Up) of the strings being knotted and tied at the bridge, and I don't get that. I'm lost. :confused:

I'm in the same boat, string change on the horizon. I'm planning on taking off one at a time and retying it till I get it right before taking the next off. I may have to loosen the second one to see exactly how it is tied. Don't see any real problems doing this - yeah RIGHT.:D

I also used that youtube video when I restrung for the first time. He makes it easy with the close up shots.

Top Bottom