KoAloha Afternoon: KoAloha Documentary Watch Online Free

experimentjon

Reaction score
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2073478961117106392#

I don't know how I didn't see this before, especially since it has been there for 2 years. But I just saw it. And after a cursory search of "KoAloha Afternoon" on the forums, I didn't see any posts of this video, so I thought I'd share it. It's a 56 minute documentary on KoAloha.

Lots of cool stuff in there:
  • You see how the necks are actually hand shaped
  • Check out one of the most awesome pineapple sundays of all time
  • Mini Lesson by Gordon Mark
  • Discover that the Pineapple Sunday design is actually based on mathematically designed formulas
  • Hear some of Alvin's singing, speaking of which, I believe his CD comes out tomorrow
  • Discover how Alvin went from nightclub superstar to ukulele designer
  • See how Alvin, Paul, and Alan all became successful in the ukulele business without completing college
  • If you haven't seen Paul working in his natural environment, check this out
  • Also, if you want to see Paul almost cry, that's in here too.

Didn't watch all of it carefully, since I had a few social drinks in honor of a dorm neighbor (even though it is the middle of Finals) because she is transferring, and flying out tomorrow. And I can't really focus now, just want to sleep, and have a marketing final tomorrow. But hey, as Alan, master of marketing of KoAloha told me, Marketing is all about understanding human nature, anyway. Just thought I'd share this video so you guys can watch it tomorrow.

Shoooots.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for this video! It'll be a good excuse to take a few study breaks. I'm in the middle of finals too. Good luck!

Just finished watching the whole thing. It was very similar to the KoAloha Story. However, it had more inside information on Pops' past. Great find!

Thanks for the link.

I'm a gonna bookmark it until I've got time to sit back and watch the whole thing tomorrow some time. This is relevant to my interests as a Koaloha fan.

You can also download it for mobile use (ipod) so that you can watch it later.

I've got the computer set up to run through my stereo. I can watch it much louder and nicer.

That was great! I have been wanting to see that for a long time. I watched it all and then picked up my KoAloha, picturing it being made in that little factory, and thinking, "I wish this thing could talk."

It can't. It sings instead, and I would bet the Okami family know that and are happy, too.

I love the parts about the Pineapple Sunday. I never wanted one before (...dammit:D).

I love the parts about the Pineapple Sunday. I never wanted one before (...dammit:D).

How is it possible to not have wanted a pineapple sunday?! I wanted one from the first time I saw one. It blew my mind because it looked cool and like something nobody else had. In economics, we call that the snob effect, where demand is increased for goods nobody else has (think Gucci wallets, custom ukuleles, one off Ferraris.) But back then, I had no job and no money...thus no PS. But as soon as I did have some money, I had to get one. (And thanks to prepaid college meal plans, I don't have to worry about starving for it.)

And I give a very high recommendation for the Pineapple Sunday. I didn't get to play mine much, maybe 5 hrs max, before taking it back to the shop for a pickup install (they do great installs, if you're thinking about getting one put in, get it done in house with them if you can). But from the time I played it, I can tell you that the tone is not like that of their regular concert body. It's definitely unique, and I'll prob be able to describe the sound better after I get it back. But I definitely love it.

Wow! That was long. I was wondering what video you were talking about, so I checked out the link. That was recorded a while ago.

For the record, dust was getting in my eye. Spartans don't cry.

And also, for the record, real Spartans walk around shirtless and all oiled up. But please don't be dressed like that next time I go to the factory. :p

Wow! That was long. I was wondering what video you were talking about, so I checked out the link. That was recorded a while ago.

For the record, dust was getting in my eye. Spartans don't cry.

wow! hows the pavement outside! so clean!

Top Bottom