Classical Guitar Strings for my uke?

Reaction score
http://store.daddario.com/category/146023

I wanted to try out the strings that Jake has used on his ukulele before apparently, but i was wondering if i would need to buy a duplicate string in order to have the strings match up with ukulele strings, or if one regular set of classical strings can be used to restring a ukulele. Thanks

If you want to tune your uke reentrant, then yes, you need 2 packs or you could buy each string separately. I'm not sure about those specific strings but singles strings can be bought from juststrings.com or stringsbymail.com

If you want to tune low g, only one pack is needed.

Do a search here on Savarez or Titanium to find more info on using guitar strings on a uke.

I'm pretty sure the D'addario uke strings are the same as the classical guitar strings just re packaged for your convenience. If so, you could order from the UU store or somewhere else. Check the #'s. It is quite possible that I am wrong.

You can get the J71 pack from the UU store, or if you want to buy individual strings (on juststrings or stringsbymail) the ones I have purchased are the the D'addario Pro Arte classical guitar J4401 E string (use this for your G and A string - if you tune high g), J4402 B string (use for your E string) and J4403 G string (use for your C string).

Or if you want thinner strings, I actually prefer the Savarez Alliance ones. You can get them at the same single string websites. You use Alliance 541R for the A string, 542R Alliance for the E string, 543R Alliance for the C string, and 541J Alliance high tension for the G string (again if you tune high G).

Good luck and have fun trying out the classical guitar strings on your uke...

I have been told that Jake uses the D'Addario J71 Pro Arte tenor strings. You can buy them through the UU store. The gauges are...

A .029
E .033
C .041
g .029

Awesome, thanks for all the info :) I'll go check out the UU store and the other sites and search for titanium etc

Thanks!

From an old thread...
rayan said:
Both Jake and Aldrine use D'addario strings, but they're not the readily available uke string sets that most dealers sell.

You can get the J71 pack from the UU store, or if you want to buy individual strings (on juststrings or stringsbymail) the ones I have purchased are the the D'addario Pro Arte classical guitar J4401 E string (use this for your G and A string - if you tune high g), J4402 B string (use for your E string) and J4403 G string (use for your C string).

Or if you want thinner strings, I actually prefer the Savarez Alliance ones. You can get them at the same single string websites. You use Alliance 541R for the A string, 542R Alliance for the E string, 543R Alliance for the C string, and 541J Alliance high tension for the G string (again if you tune high G).

Good luck and have fun trying out the classical guitar strings on your uke...

Could try this if going with Savarez. I thing this will be my next set up.

http://www.chantus.com/notes/index.php?/archives/380-Corum-low-G-setup.html

Top Bottom