we did it!!!

snowy_zoe

Reaction score
We went busking - I recommend everyone try it, it was brilliant fun

I'm part of the Edinburgh Monday Ukearist and last monday we went busking in the slightly chilly, totally christmassy centre of Edinburgh. see the photographs here
http://ukearist.wordpress.com/

We did a number of christmas songs and a couple of not so seasonal (but britney spears is always fun, right)

I think the money we raised will be used for mulled wine - yummy

is anyone else getting out there and sharing the ukulele xmas spirit?

I have to say those pics did elevate my Christmas mood. It did look like you guys had a blast.

Pics were great! Why can't I be walking around somewhere and fall upon a group playing Christmas music with ukuleles? Thanks for sharing, and ohhh the songbook is wonderful!

Sure was a lot of fun!

And yes, the money has already been invested in mulled wine for Monday's session!

can't wait, theres not many things more festive than mulled wine, and it's going to be extra extra sweet because we earned it through uke playing:)

Not allowed to go busking here. :(

Looked like a lot of fun!

is busking a UK term? Just curious as I don't think I've heard that before. either way - looks like you had a blast!

I thought busking was used in all english speaking places but don't really know I wouldn't know what to call it otherwise.

Miso where do you live that you are not allowed to busk?

We weren't sure if we were supposed to have a permit or something but the plan was Play and if we get stopped then we put away the box for money and then play somemore, however the police were near by and didn't look that bothered - they were too buy watching the big wheel (big! shiny! flashy!)

zoe

I thought busking was used in all english speaking places but don't really know I wouldn't know what to call it otherwise.

Miso where do you live that you are not allowed to busk?

We weren't sure if we were supposed to have a permit or something but the plan was Play and if we get stopped then we put away the box for money and then play somemore, however the police were near by and didn't look that bothered - they were too buy watching the big wheel (big! shiny! flashy!)

zoe

I live in Hawaii. :p

Ironic, innit? I don't know why we can't either...

Looked like you had great fun, was it you with the antlers? I've always wanted to try busking, but I've never had the bottle to do it on my own, your very lucky having such a nice little group.Well done, fab pictures.

Looks like tons of fun. Have a sip of mulled wine for me.

Top Bottom