fluke tuners.

grammy

Reaction score
I am loving the look of the flukes and the funky headstock but i hate friction heads, i've had nothing but trouble with them, can anyone reassure me about the heads on the fluke? and is it possible to get them geared?

I am loving the look of the flukes and the funky headstock but i hate friction heads, i've had nothing but trouble with them, can anyone reassure me about the heads on the fluke? and is it possible to get them geared?

FMM now have a peghead geared tuner option for fleas and flukes.

that being said, I have never had a problem with the tuners on my flea.

JT

I think the Magic Fluke company now offers geared Peghed tuners as an upgrade - check their website.

fleamarket music sells flukes with special peghead tuners, but the upgrade cost is pretty steep...For every time I've had to tune my fluke with friction tuners, I never once thought it was 70 bucks tougher than geared tuners.

Like JT, I've had no problems with the tuners on my Flea or Fluke. Took me a couple minutes to get used to them, but with a clip-on tuner, it's a piece of cake. If your uke goes through many temperature changes, you'll need to keep a philps screwdriver handy to occasionally adjust the tension of the friction tuners.

that is the annoying bit, constantly having to adjust the tension, that and the super narrow tweak of the peg between spot on and a whole step away....well worth 70 bucks to me im afraid. i had a lovely handmade uke for almost ten years and never got into it because of the pegs, i changed them in june and now i can't put it down.

This was a helpfull thread. I posted a thread earlier asking preference of Friction verses Gear. I did not know the Friction tuners need an occassional adjusting. This makes me lean more towards the gear. thanks everyone. UU DOES IT AGAIN!

The frictions on Flukes are good quality and no bother whatsoever.

I am constantly amazed with mine. I can leave it sat for days and days, knock it whilst its in its case, but I hardly ever tune it - it just stays bang in tune.

I also think the frictions suit the headstock

You should have no worries with frictions on flukes and fleas - trust me.

The frictions on Flukes are good quality and no bother whatsoever.

I am constantly amazed with mine. I can leave it sat for days and days, knock it whilst its in its case, but I hardly ever tune it - it just stays bang in tune.

I also think the frictions suit the headstock

You should have no worries with frictions on flukes and fleas - trust me.

Agreed on all counts. The only time I have to adjust the screws in my friction tuners is after some extreme temperature change, such as spending a few hours in a hot car, or when flying from one climate to another. Just sitting in my house, the tuners hold the Flea and Fluke extremely well, rarely requiring much tweaking.

Top Bottom