Looking for good intermediate level instruction material

Sic_Rob

Reaction score
Can any suggest good intermediate level instructional material based on personal use? I haven't been playing long. At this point I am comfortable looking at tabs and playing rythum on my ukulele but I want to be learn how to do finger picking filler stuff. I know I need to walk before I can fly I am just looking for suggestions. I am also looking for good sources for sheet music for songs that have combinations of tbas and finger picking. All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Try Mel Bay's Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele by Mark Kailana Nelson.

Try Mel Bay's Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele by Mark Kailana Nelson.

I agree, it's a great book and perfect if you're looking to get into fingerpicking but haven't been playing for a long time (like myself). I have it and it's very good (and comes with a CD of all the songs in the book). and it's cheap ($13.57 at Amazon.com).

Herb Ohta Jr. and Daniel Ho's books are probably right up your ally. They don't get enough credit in my opinion. Lots of picking vamps and songs along with other good info. Exploring the 'Ukulele is the intermediate one, but Discovering the 'Ukulele (the beginner one) has a lot of info someone more advanced could use.

Herb Ohta Jr. and Daniel Ho's books are probably right up your ally. They don't get enough credit in my opinion. Lots of picking vamps and songs along with other good info. Exploring the 'Ukulele is the intermediate one, but Discovering the 'Ukulele (the beginner one) has a lot of info someone more advanced could use.

:agree:

I have them both lot's o' good info some of it is for low G but If you don't know the difference......
It sounds good either way!!!!

Top Bottom