Newbie in Reading UK

brokenstring

Reaction score
Hi Folks

Joined a few days back but just found this area of the site!

Took up the uke a few weeks back and currently have a Maholo tenor (yeah ok - the guy in the shop saw me coming - but it'll do for now!) and am getting to the point where I know a few chords etc and am working on my strum patterns.

It would be sooooo nice to meet up with a few like-minded, mixed ability players in my area, as I think that the only way for me to take this further is to start jamming a bit. The alternative is to take lessons (eeeek!). Anyone in my area, feel free to drop me a line.

Great to find such a resource online - more power to your strumming hands!

Welcome to UU!:D

Hi brokenstring

Welcome to UU from a forum member who is less than 20 miles down the road from you. I'm always up for bit of a uke get together sometime, possibly something I was looking to organise in the new year. I play with a couple of uke players in Newbury on a regular basis and there are certainly other forum members on here within 25 miles or so of Reading.

Make sure you join the UK.lele social group at:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/group.php?groupid=30
for everything Uke in the UK.

Enjoy your stay!

Last edited:
Hi brokenstring

I was looking to organise in the new year. I play with a couple of uke players in Newbury on a regular basis and there are certainly other forum members on here within 25 miles or so of Reading.

Welcome mate.
Yeh John you can count me in for that once I'm well enough.

Welcome to UU, Brokenstring. Yes, there is nothing quite like learning while jamming with others. Looks like your on your way towards meeting some like-minded individuals in your area. Johncaudrey is our resident UU UK welcoming ambassador! :shaka:

Top Bottom