Newbie in New Jersey

Sic_Rob

Reaction score
Yes, thats right, New Jersey. I no I'm not the only 1 but I bet the signin book at the meeting wouldn't require more than a page.

I'm 47 yuo and I started playing Oct 1st, this year. How many of you out there know the exact date you started play ukulele? I spent $70 on a uku to see if I liked it. I love it. I found UU shortly after but didn't start taking advantage of UU until this week. It is a great source of great, friendly people who are willing and anxious to help other uku players. Thanks UU.

I am looking for all kinds of finger picking Tab struming combo exersices. I am also looking for finger picking Tab struming combo and sheet music of popular somngs from the 60's and up. Any help would be appreciated.

I am starting to look to upgrade my uku. My daughters love to play mine and I normally have to retune it as soon as my girls so much as look in the Uku's direction. I'll give them my old one once I find something. Being in New jersey, there aren't many places that have more than 2 or 3 uku's to try. I posted a lot of questions on UU today to get peoples oppinions on Wood types, Size, Tuneing knobs and brands. Everyone has said you have to try them. I respect everyone that has suggested that. Unfortunately, I don't have that option so I am hoping for the kindness of strangers opinions. Though I am seriously looking at a MAINLAND Concert or Tenor. I think it's reasonable price and I have only praise for this instrument.

So This is my story. I found the uku very late in life but at least I found it. Please say when you get a chance.

Rob, it doesn't matter when you find the uke - you found it at just the right time.

Welcome to UU! :shaka:

I like your reply. It has a nice Zen feel to it. Thanks for say Hi

Welcome to UU!!! Where in NJ are you? Yes there are a few of us from Joisey here at UU!!! (Central NJ) :D Me I really started playing in September and love it. The uke is fun and fairly easy to learn and play. Get several basic chords down and you can play thousands of songs. And you were right, the UU is THE BEST site for uke info, help and chat. Everyone no matter their talent level is always ready and willing to help. :)

Welcome from another New Jersian. I'm in South Jersey and started playing in April of this year at 55 years old so no worries.

Thanks for all of the nice replies and friendly hello's and to resply to "molokinirum " I am from Northern Jersey, Near Paramus, the Mall capitol of NJ. Happy Holidays to all.

hello!

New jersey native, grew up around exit 36 of the Parkway.

I started on the 4th of December this year, at 45 myself.

Take care,

Tom

North Jersey, not far from Willowbrook Mall...not really that far from the offical lisited Kala dealership up Route 46W at Ritchie's Music...hey, NJ's not so bad after all!

Started uke at 50 (guitar at 10)...

wishing everyone many many years!

Prediction for 2010: Uke Gathering at NJ Shore...

Peace to all! Celebrating Christmas today and Russian Christmas January 7th...it's NEVER too late.

Will spend the rest of my life a beginner!

Last edited:
Wow. there are more of us out there then I would have thought. And as every person from New jersey will do when explaining where In jersey they are from, My exit on the Garden State Parkway is 168. Happy New Year all.

Hello all fellow NJ ukers!!! I am here in central NJ exit 9 or about 15 miles from exit 129 on GSP. The summer uke jam at the shore sounds cool. Anybody up for it, got to start thinking warm thoughts with this damn cold weather and wind!!!

Top Bottom